Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

You Can Come Out Now...

I think that Tessie learned her lesson...

Late yesterday afternoon, I started rummaging around in the hall fabric closet...Knowing that Tessie couldn't resist going in to pick out fabric for new aprons and such...

When she got well into the middle shelf, I quietly backed out and slammed the door.

Then I sat Spike in front of the door to make sure that she stayed there.

It's amazing.  When I lock her in somewhere and it's dark, she panics and forgets that she can easily zap her way to freedom.  That's a good thing. 

I get some peace and quiet and she comes out a bit better tempered than when she went in.

When I opened the door this morning, to let her out, I found her snuggled down in a pile of flannel, fast asleep.

I carefully took her out and put her on the roof of the weaver's cottage.  I talked Zar into backing me up.  Then I poked her until she woke up.  We told her that the roof was an odd place to sleep.

She fussed and fumed for a bit and then finally agreed that it was strange.  She told us, "I kept dreaming that I was in the hall closet and couldn't get out.

We both told her that it was a strange dream, and that she had been on the roof all night.

Spike even nodded his head in agreement.  That settled it. 

She didn't even ask about the fourth coat of paint on the other cottage.  I suspect that she thought that discretion was the better part of valor...

Then she asked, are we working on the weaver's cottage today?

I replied..."I had a dream last night too.  I decided to call this "Willow Creek Woodworking and Weaving."
She smiled sheepishly and countered with, "Shouldn't it be Weaving and Woodworking?  Shouldn't my part come first?  I'm on the top floor."

I just told her that woodworking and weaving sounded better.  Strangely, she agreed.

I think that the night in the closet did her some good.

Zar's shop, on the bottom floor needs the most work.  Of course, while he works, Tessie sits around reading.  Spike has taken to watching the CCTV that Zar installed.  Notice that it is trained on Tessie...  I don't think that she is going to get away with much on the bottom floor.  There will be no question about who was there.
The top floor, with the loom, is very close to finished. 

The steadfast bunny has been keeping guard all this time.  I am not sure if he ever left his basket. 

I don't have any idea why "Willow Creek" jumped into my mind this morning at 3.  Maybe it was simply desperation.  Seems like a good name.  And it is Tessie approved.

You can't beat that combo.

I am now off to work, NOT on the silly Christmas cottage makeover.

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Véronique said...

I love how your mind works and that you play, every day! You always bring a smile to my face! Thank you!!!
Véronique

Caseymini said...

Veronique, I have been wandering around your pinterest site. It looks like you have fun too. Love what you have collected!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I will try putting a few people I know in the closet from now on to better their attitudes. The name sounds lovely.
Big hug,
Giac

Lucille said...

Hi Casey! The weaver's cottage is such a nice build. I love the chimney! You write that you were thinking minis at three this morning? I hope you were able to go back to sleep. Otherwise, it would make for a long day!

Caseymini said...

Giac, I'm glad that you like the name.

Lucille, that's my way of getting back to sleep. I start planning what minis I am going to work on and how I am going to do it. That puts me back to sleep just like a pill... Most of the time I even remember the plan!

12Create said...

I hope Tessie doesn't read your blog entries!