Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, December 13, 2013

What Now?

The tower has found a home.  It sits just inside our front entryway.

I am thinking that it could use some landscaping on the outside, but I am going to save that for after Christmas.

I need to clean up the mess that I made with the tower, before I start making a new one.
I let Zar and Tessie out this morning.  I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.  I would just doze off and "The Twelve Days of Christmas" would start again...And again...

The Terrible Two and Spike settled on Nellie's front stoop with a plate of tacos and a pitcher of sangria.  They are currently catching up on the Korean Dramas that they missed while in lockup.
Me?  I am madly knitting with both hands and feet...Well, not really, but it feels like I should be. 

This pair is down to the toe on one and turning the heel corner on the other one. 

These socks are from the same ball...I am not happy with the striping on the ankles.  One is definitely more bright than the other one. 

I started them both from the same ball, different ends.  Oh well...I am not starting over now.  It wouldn't do any good.

I have this much done of another pair.  These are from the flat feet blankets of yarn.  I like  these because I can pretty much see where the color is going.

Anyway, that's my day so far....I still have to clean up the mess from the tower build, but that can wait.  Knitting comes first today.

While I am sitting around knitting, I have a flickr photo album to entertain you.  This lady is the happiest builder of big furniture I have ever seen.

She is from Germany and she does all kinds of decorating, furniture building and poly clay work.  Her name is Mareike  Scharmer.  I get lost in her work every time I go to the site.  You can tell that she is having fun and so are the people around her.  The reason I am sending you there is, I am trying to figure out how I can translate this kind of art work into miniature.  Anybody want to join me?   Go look and enjoy.   It is just fun to see five people sitting in a giant armchair!  Kind of like being mini people. There are also photos of a farm with really old buildings that she is re doing.  Have fun.  I am headed there now. 

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Véronique said...

*snicker* @no sleep. That's what you get for locking them up :-)
Yes, the socks are different in colour, but apparently that's very much the fashion at the moment :-)
I love Mareike's art, it's so colourful and happy!!! I love her toilet brush!!! Such a boring yucky object all of a sudden becomes fun! I might even enjoy cleaning if everything looked so cheerful!
Have fun knitting ;-)
Hugs,
Véronique