Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Break....From Minis

OK.  I know its two weeks away.  ONLY!  I decided that there would have to be a break from minis today.

Tomorrow, I am having Wednesday Witches here.  I wanted to get the decorations up...So...Let the festivities begin. 

I have the tree about half decorated.  I still have to put all of the individual ornaments on it and help Tessie and Zar with their little hidey holes in the tree.  They invade every year.  I may as well help them.  That way I get a say as to where their little boxes appear. 

If you look closely, you can see them and Spike about half way up.  They are planning their usual Christmas spot at the center of the tree.  They will probably make me do the other ones.

On other fronts, I have the equivalent of one sock knit on the next pair.  I still need to do the toe on one and the rest of the other one.

I'm not telling to whom this pair is going....If I did, you would probably tell them...Or Tessie would.
Last decoration for the day.  LOOK! It snowed in Tucson.  This is Herman.  He has been hiding out in the garage for a couple of years.  He didn't like it.  He's the official greeter here at Christmas time. 

I made him out of quilt batting and buttons.  One of these days, I might just get around to building him some arms.  The poor guy can't shake hands or wave at anybody.

He is a bit dishonest.  The poinsettia on his hat was stolen from the wreath on the front door.  I am going to have to keep an eye on him.

I have to go hang ornaments. Hopefully, it will be finished today...Back to minis tomorrow.

See you then.

6 comments:

KathieB said...

I'd keep an eye on that snowman. Without arms to snatch the flower, I'm guessing he has an accomplice nearby!

Caseymini said...

Kathie, it was probably Tessie. She's into things like that...

Lené said...

Gosh, he is quite a fastidious fellow! Look how clean he is against all the brown dust. Do you wash him every year?

Troy said...

Lookin' Good Casey!

Marijke said...

Beautiful tree!
groetjes van Marijke

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
the tree is looking good! Just what you needed...someone else to have to keep an eye on.
Big hug,
Giac