Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, July 1, 2013

The Monsoons Are Here!

This morning Walter and I went to see the new movie, "The Heat".  Great fun if you don't mind a bit of cursing.  We liked it a lot.

When we finished that, we stopped at April's house....Watched Amare do all kinds of fun things.

We just got home about a half hour ago, so I have not done any minis today.

I was wandering around, trying to find something interesting to put in the blog...

First I took the camera, went outside and pointed it straight up at the edge of the porch. Yup!  The monsoons have finally arrived.  It rained twice last night and it may just do it again tonight....Left to right, blue skies, puffy white clouds and icky black clouds rolling in.  It is thundering nicely now.  There are a few sprinkles starting. This will go on for the next couple of months, every few days. Personally, I like this time of year.  It cuts down on the water bill.

Another thing that didn't get done... The workroom is even worse than last week.  I really need to clean that up before I start doing anything else... Any volunteers?  Total silence from Tessie, Zar and the rest of the crew!  Walter is playing golf tomorrow morning, so I will probably dig in then.

I did get something accomplished.  I made these with some new findings that I ordered on line.  I have been seeing infinity bracelets all over, on line.  They are all too thin for my taste, so I decided to make some that are a little more substantial.  I used leather for these and just macrame-ed them right from the infinity ornament.  Worked like a charm....Pardon the pun.
Back to the mini side of things.  I don't think that I ever put measurements for the mini version of the inside/outside box in the blog...

I am working on directions now.  I will make a pattern and put it up for you to make. 

See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Lucille said...

Hi Casey! Nice bracelets! You have such a talent for whipping up anything in record time. You are not coming through on my blogger dashboard. This has been going on for quite a few days. I tried to remedy the situation but to no avail. I won't go into details. I don't want to bore you. Nothing worked. Brae had also disappeared from the same list and others. The only one that I had any success with putting back on the list was Brae. I give up. I'll just google you or put you in my favourites for now. I transferred all my blogs to bloglovin. I'll have to see about adding you there. I tried to do that also but it did not work. I don't know if they let us see the names of the blogs we follow like blogger did. I could not find it. Tomorrow is another day. I'll leave it until then.

Lucille said...

Okay, Casey! You came through my dashboard. I'm so glad everything is okay with my system!

Caseymini said...

Hi Lucille, I am not sure what is up with blogger dashboard. For the past couple of weeks, I have been having to check and make sure that the entry registers on there. Sometimes I have to go hit edit two or three times for it to appear.

Look down at the bottom of your alphabetical listing. For some reason, some of mine are down there and listed as "hidden blogs". I didn't put them there. I have never figured out how they got there. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it.

The grandmommy said...

I love stormy weather! Do you think I would like a monsoon?
Your bracelets are pretty enough for gifts!
Inside outside is lovely on all sides.:-)

mcddiss said...

esa foto es genial, y muy curiosa, gracias por compartirla, veo que el desorden es general en esta aficion, a mi tambien me cuesta mucho mantener las cosas en su sitio mucho tiempo ,las pulseras te han quedado muy bien y esa escenita es muy chula

besitos

Mari

Marisa said...

it's been raining here all week and it's messed up my wireless router everytime the power shuts off, sometimes Mother Nature is annoying!


Hugs
Marisa

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I just love the inside outside box. It is so well done and the color just pops. It is lovely. Do not worry about the workroom...after all, tomorrow is another day.
Big hug,
Giac