Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Theoretically, I Should Get Diamonds....

We shall see....Tessie is still telling tales about all of the hard work she is doing on the afghan...

I am just ignoring her, between photo sessions, and working my fingers to the bone. 

Yesterday we went out to play, so today I had to make up for it by finishing the laundry and making the roast beef enchiladas, that I was going to make yesterday...I also made tacos and all the stuff that goes with it.  It takes a long time to put them together, so I don't do it often.  I made a large pan, so that we will  have some for a while.
Meanwhile, I was trying to think of a way to tie the afghan into the design scheme.  I think that, if I alternate black and white rows, I will have a diamond/check pattern around the afghan. 

I am not sure where I am going with it, but that will probably just be a few rows and then back to other colors.

Kind of the same idea as the rug.  I did finish the four rows of boarder and did a bit more of the center.  13,000+ is a LOT of stitches.  Especially when I am trying to finish a lot of other stuff for the cottage. 

Therefore, I must get back to work...Or as Tessie would have you believe, I must get back to nagging her to get it done.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lucille said...

You had a busy day and got a lot done from what I hear. You seem to be a good cook! I see the three are still hanging around your projects. I've had a day of running around east and west. I'm so tired tonight. Spike seems quite relaxed. Just hanging out staring at the terrible two. That's my Spike!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I love a project that takes shape as is goes...kind of like having a life of its own. I cannot wait to see the finished pieces.
Big hug,
Giac

Marisa said...

you've just given me a great idea for dinner :)

thanks
Marisa