Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I Have a Sinking Feeling....

OK....I made a sink.  All it took was a bamboo place mat from Target.  Some patterned silk ribbon and a stainless steel mini bowl.  It was the largest one in a set of mixing bowls.  Oh, and the extra set of Chrisnbon faucets that I had.

I cut the bamboo place mat cross wise to the measurement of the circumference of the bowl, below the lip.

I got lucky there.  I didn't have to cut the bamboo lengthwise.  The bowl just happened to be the right size to fit an even number of the slats.

I cut another piece of wood to cover the inside back seam of the place mat.  I glued it into a tube and let it dry.

I then glued the bowl into the top of it.  I banded it with lengths of ribbon to cover the weaving on the mat. The glue in the front is still drying...Oops! It will not show when dry.

Then I put the faucets and a drain in place with super glue.
When I put it in the corner, Tessie was standing by with paint on her hands. 

"We have to test it!"  She was so excited that I put some water in it...Yes.  It actually holds water!

I am not going to show you what she did to it next.  It now is a dirty stainless steel sink...Does that sentence even make sense?  Dirty and stainless at the same time?

Anyway, we now have water in the cottage...

 I am still trying to get the formula for the shrinking potion...So far no luck...Thus, the sinking feeling....

See you tomorrow.

14 comments:

mcddiss said...

ese lavamanos se ve genial , buen trabajo

besitos

Mari

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
The sink is awsome. Good luck on the potion recipe.
Big hug,
Giac

otterine said...

Awesome! :D

Unknown said...

Great idea! It`s a cool sink.
Mona

Eli said...

Looks great! Where did you get the stainless mixing bowls?

The grandmommy said...

Fantastic! I have everything I need to make it right here on hand. Thanks so much for a fresh idea.

Caseymini said...

Eli, igot a nest of them at a mini show, here in Tucson several years ago. I have no idea where they are made. Sorry I can't provide more information.

Mary said...

It's nice to have a sink in a craft work space, looks great. I bought some small stainless steel bowls at Ikea, I think that they are a bit bigger than yours but I think they would work.

Cara said...

That sink is just too stinking cute and clever! You never cease to amaze me.

elizabeth s said...

Hi Casey! What a good idea for the corner sink and what a thrifty way to utilize left over bits and pieces from from kits! The faucets look wonderful with the stainless sink bowl and the drain is very c;ever too!
Great job!

elizabeth

Sam said...

Wow, wonderful sink!

Lucille said...

Brilliant, Casey! One of the cutest sinks I have ever seen. It has a touch of the fanciful. Just what I like. I can see Tessie had her usual fun at your expense. If you find the potion, won't you be bored without Tessie?

Caseymini said...

Lucille, hopefully, if I find the solution, Tessie and I will see eye to eye....Literally. I have to have an out though. I don't want to stay that size! She would probably really have the advantage then!

Fabiola said...

Your sink is fabulous!
Bye, Faby