Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Holes in the Canvas...
The pattern was from a full sized rug pattern book. Instead of traditional Native American colors, I used typical 80s colors. It is about half done.
Why am I showing this to you? I was doing more cleaning out and found it....It was a miracle. I could actually see the holes in the mesh!
The new glasses are tight and I am still trying to loosen them up, but they DO work.
I dug a little deeper and found this Sharon Garmize Kit for a firescreen that I bought, finished, and never mounted.
By the time I did this one, I was saving every precious scrap of silk gauze that I could. Thus the strip of a vine design running down the excess on the side.
I still didn't have a real source for it.
See the box of sewing thread? That's all silk. I have gathered that from various places. Mostly in grab bags of thread from thrift shops and garage sales. Hey! It still works.
The other pieces are just doodles and starts of borders for other rugs.
Now that I can see the holes, I have no excuse not to finish some of these pieces.
The last piece, in her lap, is a very large Celtic bird design. That isn't even a quarter of the whole length.
I guess that, now that I have my sight back, I should start working on these again....Nah....Christmas is coming and I have to finish that first. I will definitely get back to these after the 25th....Stay tuned for progress.
Back to my knitting now. Amare needs a Christmas stocking more than he needs a mini rug.
See you tomorrow.