Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Guess What I'm Doing Today?

Here's a clue....I will give you three guesses as to how I am spending my time this afternoon, and the first two don't count.

It must have been a wild party.  The Terrible Two say that they have no idea what happened... and it couldn't have been my fault that the workroom looks like this!
Before I started cleaning, I made a quick run to Jo Ann's Fabric and Crafts.  I had coupons.  What can I say?  I had to go.

I found a new type of X-acto blade that I haven't seen before.  It is called a "Z series" blade.  It's coated with zirconium nitride, whatever that is... It can't hurt to try it...Or, on second thought, maybe it can.

I will let you know if it is sharper and more durable like the package says(as soon as I see how it slices through wood and other organic material....Like fingers?

They were 3.99 for five blades, but I had a 40% off coupon. 
Last, but not least, I found the green moss clumps that I usually have to go to the model train shop to get.

Jo Ann's is in the middle of a "toss up" type remodel...In other words, they are rearranging everything in the store, just to confuse people.

My theory is, when they do this, they are forcing people to wander around the aisles to find the thing that they came into the store to buy....While wandering they will find other things to buy that they don't necessarily need.  I didn't "need" reindeer moss or X-acto blades, did I?

Their dastardly plan is working!

Anyway, I am off to lock myself in the dreaded workroom now...

See you tomorrow.

9 comments:

Lucille said...

Hi Casey! Happy cleaning to you! It's like a merry-go-round, isn't it, this cleaning bit? I'm doing a huge fall cleaning right now. I'll be glad when I'm finished.

This is off topic but I want to mention that if you want a magazine that offers colour, pick up a copy of "Vintage & Victorian". It's page after page of colourful eye candy. You won't be disappointed! I purchased my copy today and I am just about to sit and look at it.

MerriMagic said...

Yup..JA fabrics is messin with us. They figure if they stir up the store with a rearrangement, you might just buy something different in addition to what you came for.

Grocery stores do it too. I hate that!

Caseymini said...

Lucille,welcome back! How much does that magazine cost? I have seen some nice magazines lately, but I refuse to pay ten dollars that most of the new ones cost! For just a bit more I can have a really nice book that will last longer. ;-). I'm a cheapskate!

Merrimagic, I'm glad that I am not alone in that line of thinking. Even Walmart does it nice a year!LOL

Lucille said...

Casey, the magazine is $12.95 but worth every penny, as far as I'm concerned. The photography is perfect! For myself, it's worth it because this is the sort of magazine that I never tire of looking at!

Tabitha Corsica said...

They must be doing it all over the country because it is the same mess at my store.

I bought some of that particular moss several years ago to use in the Alice Project garden (Michael's had it, too) and I discovered that, unlike the stuff from the railroad hobbyist store, it dries out.

They must use a different preservative. I bought it for the color. But now it's not just grey and brown, it is also crumbly... which is disappointing :-(

Giac said...

Hi Casey,
I hope the new materials work well. The big chain craft shop in Montreal re-arange everything every 3 months. I go in, can't find what I want, then walk out and swear at them! Their plan will not work on me!
Big hug,
Giac

Claudia said...

I constantly wander around the aisles at Joanns and at Michaels. They seem to be rearranging daily.

xo
Claudia

Caseymini said...

Susan, the moss can be simply misted with water if it dries out too much. I have some that has been in scenes for years and when it dries I just mist it.

Caseymini said...

Lucille, I will have to look for it.