Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Staying in the Mood....

After much discussion and lots of dragging out of fabric samples, Kathie decided that she will send me a fat quarter of one of her fabrics to do the upholstery on the wicker that she won.

So....I will be waiting a few days for that to come. 

Whilst waiting, I don't want to lose the momentum, so yesterday I cleaned out my wicker drawer.

I realized that I have a LOT of supplies that need using.  I may as well do something wicker to pass the time until I can work on Kathie's furniture again. I forgot to look for Rit this morning, so I have to work on something besides dying.

When it came to the wood pieces that I use for bases, I found that I need to cut some new chair, settee and other bases. I marked out three chair, two settee and a few other smaller pieces to cut out of the piece of cherry that you see at the top of the first photo.

I did find these two.  The one that Tessie is leaning on was the base for a bassinet...As of yesterday evening, it is something completely different.

The other piece that you see is part of the last of those pieces.  I sliced off one side of it and repositioned the holes.

Do you want to play a game?  Guess what these will be when I am done.  I am not telling.  Only that they won't be bassinets...  I did the wicker work on the one that is built up, last night.  Tessie immediately figured out what it was and announced, "This is mine!".  So what else is new.....?

While I was in another drawer, I found several of these swans.  I bought them at an after Christmas sale years ago.  I only finished one.  That one has been on the blog a few times.

I am going to try to use up some of the supplies that I have been hoarding for years. 

Tessie took one look at it and, knowing what it was going to be, shrieked! "I am not pregnant and I don't intend to be pregnant!!  Put this back where it came from!!!"

This is one thing that I don't think that she is going to confiscate!

These are fun to make because the body of the bassinet is already done.  All I have to do is build the base, the mattress and the crown draperies.

I  have the feeling that Tessie will even leave me alone and let me finish it fast...Not her cup of tea...

Anyway, I am off to work on the two projects....The secret is, never let the right hand know what the left one is doing....Good thing I'm somewhat ambidextrous...

See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Merri said...

Tessie pregnant....HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nope, ain't gonna happen.

Marisa said...

what a wonderful Idea, you should make a little Orphan and make Tessie care for it.

(dont tell her I said that she may put a hex on me)

Love Marisa :)

Merri said...

oh yeah...I bet one of those pieces will become a vanity table!

Caseymini said...

Marisa, careful!!!If Tessie hears you say that, you may not live to tell the tale!LOL

Caseymini said...

Merri, You got it! IF I can work out the rest of the design...

Marilyn D. said...

I don't know what the 2nd one will be but think it would make a nice old-fashioned wash stand with a towel bar woven in on each side and a shelf on the bottom. WOuldn't that be the cutest thing! A lot of work though! I can hadly wait to see the finished products. - Marilyn

Minka said...

I thought I was so smart until I saw that it's not a bassinette. How about a baby bath? Or a bath for a dog? Or an aquarium?