Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, May 11, 2012

A Different Kind of Mini...


I am a very bad mini builder today.  I am a very good entertainer of miniature people though.  I spent the morning over at April's.  This is the mini person that I was entertaining.  Actually he was doing more of the entertaining than I was.

I am still struggling to get this new system to work.  I can't seem to get the photos to go where I want them and the alignment of the paragraphs keeps jumping to the center.  Grrrrr.....
I do  wish that I could find a good page that explains how to use the new system.  Right now, I am frustrated and feeling very unintelligent.
Every time I try for a break in the paragraphs, it sends me down to the bottom of the photo that I just added and I am left with a big gap between them. 

And everything keeps jumping to the center, even though I put it to the left.  This is the last thing that I am going to say about this new system, but if the blog looks strange, please forgive me.
I managed to do a bit of shopping on the way home....I spent a whole dollar on this at one of the thrift shops in the area. 

That is all silk that you see.  The outside is a tightly woven very thin dull blue silk.  The lining is gold China silk.  It must have been pretty expensive when it was new.  The tailoring is beautiful....I got it for 1.00.  The shop is getting ready to close for the summer months... Needless to say, I will be using some blue and gold in some of my minis. 

I don't think that you really want to see what is happening with the weaver's workshop.....Promise not to look at the last photo!  I have to get back to work tomorrow.   Double time.

See you then.

10 comments:

Kathi said...

I could just squeeze the stuffing out of that little guy! HE IS SO ADORABLE!

Lucille said...

That little guy looks very happy. He's so cute! I see that Tessie and Zar are getting a feel for the fabric! Watch out, Casey! Lastly, I'm shocked at the height of that house. Judging from the size of the glue bottle, I can now see that it's so much smaller than it has looked so far. I thought it was a much higher structure than it really is!

rosanna said...

Your grandson is so CUTE ! simply adorable , I love his cheeks ad chubby feet. Have fun, Rosanna

dalesdreams said...

I am a sucker for babies and thrift store finds, but you had me at baby. :)

I never get used to changes easily and if it's not blogger, then it is facebook, etsy, feel free to add other places, they are all changing all of the time and it's a lot of work to keep up with them all.

Not that I am one to complain... who could after seeing such a cute baby. :)

Elga said...

Love your little mini, he is a real cutey.

I didn't had any problems with posting yesterday when I used the new system for the first time in trepidation, try clicking on the second last icon on the right that says "remove formatting", my daughter showed me that trick and it has worked great so far.

Marit said...

Don't feel unintelligent, blogger is very frustrating. It seems to work different for different people, or even in different computers. I've had your problem a while ago, on the old version, and somehow it solved itselve again. Hope it will turn out alright for you too. In the meanwhile enjoy your miniature life, human or not. :-)

Marit

LaLaLand said...

Hi Casey :)
What a cutiepie! You are excused from work today ;)

haha, your last pic looks like my entire basement...

The new interface, I am going to try Elga's suggestion. Just found these videos by clicking blogger's help but I haven't watched them yet..hope they are some help:
http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1623800

Caseymini said...

Daphne, that was the website that I tried first. No help at all. Elga's suggestion worked much better.

Raven said...

i have the same problem with everything i type jumping to the center, especially if i have a photo at the top of the paragraph. i keep having to hit the button that lines everything to the left. it's a very frustrating glitch in their system. they should have left well-enough alone, i think. Have a Wonderful Mother's Day!!

Angela said...

I had problems with alignment of text and pictures too. I gave up twice because I didn't like the way it went. Will try your suggestion, Elga, thank you. Mothers days was 2 months ago here in the UK, and, as usual, I didn't get enough chocolate. Maybe I sould celebrate it twice. Happy Mothers Day to all that celebrate today.

Angela :o)