Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, November 4, 2011

A House of a Different Color...

Yes, I did say house and not horse... I wasn't happy with a yellow Fairfield. I kept wondering why I painted it that color. I don't even really like yellow. And the dark green trim was just icky.

It is now Trail Tan. One of my favorite Ceramcoat colors. It looks much more like what I need for what I have in mind for the inside.

Nope. I am not going to tell you yet.

While that dried, I started cutting new brick....Do you know how many 3/8" X3/16" bricks it is going to take to cover that chimney that goes through the attic, three fireplaces and the foundation? Neither do I, but I know that I don't have enough yet. This is the same material that I used to make the brick on the outside of the Rusty Needle quilt shop. It is file folders that I found at a garage sale. It makes perfect bricks. The color is kind of vague and the two sides of the cardstock are just slightly different.


That reminds me, I need to paint a cement color on all of those places. And no, I am not doing tatting, that is just where the bricks landed. They were flying all over the place.

Last but not least for today, I had a "light bulb above the head" moment while I was working. Remember all of that wood that I purchased at the mini show for 25 cents a piece?

I went and checked and sure enough, there are two big slabs of 1/2" scale bead board. I knew that there was a reason for spending all of that money....With the two pieces, i will be able to do the kitchen in this house a probably several other rooms besides.

I am now going to go lose my mind cutting tiny bricks and gluing them to the house. I still have just a few inches of clapboard siding to put on. I couldn't wait until I had that done to try the color.

I guess that I should go back to work now. The question of the day is, "How many tiny bricks does it take to drive a person mad?". I will let you know tomorrow.

See you then.

6 comments:

Morena Ciambra Dreamartdolls said...

LOL! Love seeing you work on things. Such fun! Hugs, Morena

Lucille said...

That is such an interesting house. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Whatever you do, Casey, I know that I won't be disappointed.

Deni said...

mmm it takes about 50 bricks to drive ya mad!! lol I know how long it was to tile my roof, cutting those little tiles out of Egg cartons.....crazy but ya have to do it!!!lol

Pia said...

Please, don't go mad! Take a lot of breaks.. I want to see what kind of a house this is going to be..

Audra said...

I love the floor that you have in that green room! Is that something you printed? I have a bathroom that color in my Glenwood but no flooring (or anything is) yet.

Caseymini said...

Audra, that's the kitchen and it is more yellow than green. The floor is a Brodnax(sp) 1/2" scale paper.