Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Masked Avenger......

We are still working towards Halloween...The real one.

This morning when I got up, Tessie started pestering me about costumes. I kept trying to tell her that she was already in costume, what with being a witch and all....She wasn't buying it."I never get to wear a mask. I want to be in disguise. I want to be mysterious...."

I knew, right from the get go, that I was not going to win. So...I went to the computer and put Halloween masks in Bing search and punched images.

Tessie found a lot that she liked. She didn't go for the bloody or scary ones. She actually went for the cute animal ones....Then Zar got involved. He liked the wolfman. They made plans for a costume party and decided that everybody would need masks.

I printed out some that I thought would work on cardstock and sprayed them with sealer. I did it in my Print Shop 15. I made them all a little less than an inch across.

Remember when you were a kid and they put cut out masks on the back of cereal boxes? I do. I remember cutting them out and wearing them around the house even after Halloween was over. Usually they kind of wrapped around your head, were held on by a piece of string that your mom dug out of the junk drawer and some were really fancy, you cut a flap where the nose was and it stuck out. I wonder if they ever do that now? Probably not...

Tessie quickly picked the zebra mask and went to work. As I said before, Zar wanted to be the wolfman.

It didn't take long for them to make those. It may take a bit longer to make all of the ones for their friends.

After they finished cutting them out, I helped a bit with curling the masks and folding them in places to make them more realistic. Zar's mask got curled in both directions to make it more rounded. The nose flap was cut out and bent.

Tessie's was easy. I only had to curl it around her head and bend some folds in the ears to cup them. Then all we had to do was glue a piece of string to the edges over the ears and tie them in the back.(Actually, I cheated and made them stick them on with Mini Hold...Shhhhh....The two hams had to try them on and then get all dramatic. Wolfman vs. the Zebra woman....Come on now....You know who is going to win! She always does.

Tessie is off somewhere looking for her zebra apron. Easy costume.

I need to go round them up and put them back to work if they really want a costume party.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Ha! The Masked Avenger! Who-rah!
LOVE it! LOL

Unknown said...

They look cool! Tessies mask even matches her outfit!

miniacollection said...

Very good!
Geneviève

Moonbeam said...

Those masks are awesome! =) I love your blog and have been reading it for a couple of years now...guess I've just been too shy to say hello!

So, hello! =)