After I left you yesterday, I did some more of the black work. I used the "darning" method to finish it. That is, I did it in running stitches and one element of the design at a time, instead of finishing each motif before going on to the next.
I found, by doing this, several new borders that would be nice on miniature linens.
I did three rows of running stitches, four threads apart as called for in the pattern. Then I made the center four thread stitches into double cross stitches. That made a nice, simple border.
When I added the outer border of cross stitches with vertical short stitches between and the two inner stitches of the pattern, it looked a bit more complicated, but still interesting.
Last I went back and added the final diagonal stitches to finish the design.
Doing it this way, I cut down on the time it took considerably.
Tessie cheated. She finished her part by using the needle as a wand and cast a spell on her side of the coverlet. Next time I am not going to bother....I am just going to let her do it.
I moved it in by the computer to take the last photo. Better light.
I am happy with just the border on it. The rest of the bed is so busy that it is better to keep it simple.
Now all I need to do is finish the bedroom..."Tessie! Grab that needle and start waving it around again!"
See you tomorrow.