This may look strange, but it works... I finished the staircase this morning.
The chain that I used was very heavy. I was having trouble threading it through all of the holes and getting it to hang right. I would get it through a bunch and the weight of the chain would pull it right back out if I wasn't careful.
After about the third try, I came up with the ball headed pins as a solution. I put one on each side of each ring as I went. This also allowed me to space the swags of chain just right. Yes...I know the one on the end needs to be shortened. The photo was taken before I made everything permanent.
The solution was Gorilla super glue. I started at the bottom and worked my way up. I pulled out the first pin and put a drop of super glue in the ring, over the chain. I pulled out the pin on the other side and the chain wasn't going anywhere. I did this to each ring, making sure that the chain was untwisted and hanging exactly where I wanted it, before moving on to the next one.
The staircase is officially finished and safe. Tessie has been running up and down it, grasping at the chain, for the past hour. If it doesn't break now, it never will...
Zar barred her way to the roof. That still isn't fastened down and he didn't want a lawsuit if she fell through.
After I finished with that, I painted the top stones on the shower tower. Then the step to the shower tower.
I did the walkway to the tower and started the rock work around the edge of the property. I still have a ways to go on that.
Where Zar is standing, we will plant flowers. There will probably be more plants around the yard. That will be the next step after I finish the rock work....Speaking of which, I should get back to doing it now...
See you tomorrow.
The Brownstone - main floor staircase, part 1
2 hours ago