Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"More Houses! I Need More Houses!!!"

That has been Tessie's anthem for the past twenty four hours....Well maybe twelve....

Yesterday, after I left you, I decided that since the bashing of the lowboy turned out well, I should go look and see what other HoM kits I had in the drawer. When Tessie saw the drawer full, she started chanting.... I should never open a drawer like that in her presence.

I started with the chest of drawers on the far left. Then the desk on the far right. Last night, while watching Glee, I did the two in the middle. I haven't decided what is going to happen to them next, but at least they are out of the drawer and built. It's like potato chips....Bet you can't build just one. The last kit, the one behind Tessie, was strange. It had never been opened, but evidently they made a mistake at the factory. One of the drawers had no back and another one had two fronts. I took advantage of this by eliminating the "three drawer" fake front on the top drawer. I think that this one is going to turn into something modern.

This morning very early, I went back to the drawer that contained the HoM kits. Then I went one drawer up, to the Chrysnbon kits. I discovered that I have a plethora of of both. What am I saving them for? Logic says that they will take up no more space when built than in the boxes. Actually, that's not true, but I am more apt to use them if they are already put together and ready to use somewhere. Soooo.......I am on a rampage to build the kits.

There are eight more HoM kits. There are five, six counting the chair, Chrysnbon kits. And there is a plastic box filled with parts for a lot of treadle sewing machines....No case parts, just the metal stand and sewing machine heads. I don't think that these count as kits. Just spare parts, with possibilities....

Anyway, if I get all of these put together, it will be a miracle. As my friend Judy says, "It should keep me busy and out of biker bars for a while!" I don't really do that sort of thing and neither does she, but I love the phrase.


I looked for Tessie to pitch in and help this morning. I couldn't find her anywhere. You know how she disappears when there is work to be done.....I finally found her in the back yard. The Mexican Morning Glories are in full bloom, once again. For a couple of weeks every year our back yard looks like this. I can't blame her for wanting to stroll through the pink carpet, rather than work on furniture.....No....I must build....I must build...I must build...

I am off to see if I can set a record for the most pieces of furniture built in one day.

See you tomorrow.

8 comments:

otterine said...

Weird! I've been building a HOM kit bash the past few days...photos to come soon. :D

Plushpussycat said...

Sounds like you're having fun! I've never built dollhouse furniture before, just bought finished pieces. Sounds like it might be enjoyable and pretty easy! I'll have to look into it!

rosanna said...

Your house is a heaven for me; I have never seen so many kits in my life...they are close to impossible to find in Italy :o( Very forlorn me sends you minihugs, Rosanna

Katie said...

All those dressers look like a lot of fun... There's so many different things that you could do to them:) I'm begining to think it's my favorite part of minis!

Katie said...

Hey! Sorry...lol
Is blogger working the right way for you now? I did a system update on my computer the other day and things seem to be doing better... just wondering.

Cheryl said...

Can't wait to see what you and Tessie decide to do with the other kits. Very nice idea to modernize.

Caseymini said...

Katie, I seem to be on a streak. If I hold my breath and push the button right after I check the html, it seems to work....At least for the past three days.....
Rosanna, you probably wouldn't want these kits if you saw them up close. Some of them are more than 20 years old and I bought them second hand, so I run the risk of having to replace parts here and there. I am having to replace all of the padding for chairs and such. It is foam rubber and it is hard and crumbling....

Christine said...

It would still be heaven even if it is a gamble. :)