Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

If You Give a Witch a Cookie......

Tessie came into the kitchen this morning while I was cleaning up after making an ice cream cake for Christmas dessert.

She was carrying a sled that a friend made for me many years ago. It was an unpainted Christmas ornament that she repainted and fancied up with toothpick painting. Very pretty.

I asked Tessie what she was doing? She mumbled something about needing a rope for the sled.


I asked if I could take a photo of her and the sled for the blog. She was a bit cagey about answering......Then she replied, in a loud voice, "You can only take my picture if you give me a cookie!"

The light dawns. She wasn't so worried about the sled, as she was about her stomach.

I conceded and gave her a petal off of one of the spritz flower cookies that I made a couple of days ago. She grudgingly stood still for the photo and then gobbled down the cookie. I snapped another photo whilst she was gobbling.

She looked up at me and said sweetly, "More please?"

I asked her nicely to go find something else to do. I was busy.

She disappeared with the sled. No argument? No back talk? Hmmmmm.....

I went on about my business and did some more cleaning in the bedroom.

After a while, I heard voices in the kitchen. They were getting louder. I could finally make out what was being said...

Zar said,"I've got the fudge and the cookies are loaded on the sled."

Then from Tessie....."Oh! A whole cookie of my very own!"

Zar got louder. "Tessie, don't just sit there on the butter. We don't have time for you to eat a whole cookie. Casey will be back any time now!"

He was starting to sound hysterical. "We have to go this instant!!!"

I rounded the corner with the camera, just in time to get this picture. Then Tessie looked up and saw me.

I heard two voices , simultaneously yell, "OH NO!!!"

Then with a flash, everything on the counter disappeared. Cookies, fudge, the sled, Zar and Tessie all gone.

They did leave the two sticks of butter. There was a reason for that.

I heard a small voice, coming from the Christmas tree....."Make more cookies please...."

Then, "Oh and we need more fudge too!"

I am off to restock the cookie jar and the fudge plate now.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Funny how the christmas goodies disappear like that and you have to make a second batch, then a third!

Happy Christmas Casey!

Jean Tuthill said...

They are so darn cute! I love the little sled....you'll have to lock up the cookies and fudge! Have a very happy Christmas and a very happy, healthy New Year!

Julia and Hywel said...

Merry Christmas, hope you all have a great day :)
Julia xxx