The balalaika is finished....Except for strings. I am going to have to see if I can find some mono filament nylon at one of the bead stores or maybe fishing line....I am not sure that either has it this small. This may be a problem. It is as fine as my hair!
The original has the strings stretched tight enough that when you use the attached pick to strum, you actually get a nice plinking sound.
I am not sure if I am going to be able to duplicate that part.
I did fair on the rest. Next time I will give it a coat of varnish before I start the decorative painting. The fine tipped pen that I used fuzzed out a bit.
Tessie is pleased and has temporarily fudged by putting a spell on the instrument so that it "plays" without strings.
After I finished the balalaika, I decided it was time to glue the stove addition to the cottage.
Tessie and Zar decided to celebrate. Any excuse for a party. Zar drifted in with a jug that I suspect is filled with vodka, in honor of the occasion.
They are settled in the cottage singing and drinking and waiting for the glue to dry.
Meanwhile the real world is crowding in and I have gone back to Monday cleaning and laundry.
I would much rather be working on the cottage, but I don't like being buried up to my neck in dirty dishes. So....First things first. Back to work.
See you tomorrow.