I put together the ends of the shelves this morning.....Or I should say shelf.... I have decided that there is going to be only one. No matter how much Tessie whines. I have some other ideas for the rest of the space in the workroom.
First of all, I am taking the easy way out. I am using the template that I cut for the angle of the shelves as a pallet to build the ends of the shelves on. This makes them pretty accurate without all of the complicated measuring.
I drew the lines on the template with a T square, where the shelves will sit. Then I simply laid the cross bars for the end on the template with just a touch of mini hold wax under either end. That holds them in place, but makes them easy to take off of the mat board when the glue is dry.
I moved the top bar down just a hair so that you could see how I marked the line.
Next I cut and glued the vertical bars onto the horizontal ones, with Zar's help.
He says that he did it all. I will let him think that is the case. I didn't mention that his saw was about as sharp as hen's teeth. I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.
In the photo, he has one more vertical bar to put onto the end.
Actually, he is working on the second end. I finished the first end and Tessie couldn't wait to see if I got it right.
Much to her chagrin, it fits. She was a bit miffed because she didn't have anything to grouse about.
That's as far as I have gotten today. I have to stop and do other real life things now. The actual shelves will be in place tomorrow and the whole thing will be varnished.
See you then.