The shape turned out just like I expected it to. I have done lots of chairs out of the canvas before, so I knew what to expect. I have never attempted a modern chair with it before though.
After I got it off of the bottle, I noticed that the grain of the fabric was not completely straight. Probably nobody else would notice, but I do.
I also noticed that the seat needs to be longer from front to back. It's not bad, but would be very uncomfortable if I had to sit in it.
I took a piece of wire and ran it around the edge, gluing and wrapping with the canvas as I went. Trusty Fast Grab worked well.
When this was dry, It allowed me to bend out the arms and shape the back.
I then took it outside and sprayed it black with a couple of coats.
What to do for legs? I took four pieces of black annealed steel wire and folded them all into narrow Vs and bent the ends to a 90° angle. Then I glued these to a piece of cardboard at each corner.
I glued another piece of black cardboard over the top and clamped it in place to dry.
This whole thing was glued to the bottom when it was dry.
Before it was even dry, Tessie descended and zapped it away. It is now in the living room of the townhouse.
It's not bad for a first try. I think I have worked out all of the kinks now.
I will be spending the rest of the day doing the old, "Try, Try Again" thing.
I think that this has definite possibilities....All I have to do is find bottles, jars and whatever else comes in the right shape for what I want to do.
As I said.....Not bad for a first try.....Oh and there is an added advantage. Since there is a newer chair for Tessie to linger over, Zar is able to sit on the orange lounge without fear of being turned into a warty toad or a sock monkey...
See you tomorrow.