Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Quick One....

This is going to be a short one. It is almost 5:00PM and the Witches just grabbed their brooms and went on their merry way.

When I was with April on Sunday, she loaned me these three 1936 and one 1938 Better Homes and Gardens magazines. There were only four witches here today, so we amused ourselves by taking turns looking at the magazines and reading short ads, recipes and other bits and pieces to each other.

I couldn't lay them out flat, front and back, because I didn't want to break the spines, but I did lay the fronts and corresponding backs out on the floor and take a few photos. I thought that you could shrink them and piece them together. The size is 8 1/2" By 12" in real life. Have fun reducing them. The one on the top right is the 1938 issue.

One of the ads that had us all in hysterics was this one. It is for a paint cleaner....I think it was the silly name that got us. Well maybe it was the text of the ad also. Anyway, poke the photo and take a look.

I will be back tomorrow with less nonsense and more minis.

See you then.

5 comments:

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Hmmm, It does make you laugh doesn't it? I can see you all rolling about! How language use changes in one short generation eh?

Thanks for the chuckle and for the magazine covers, great stuff!

Kathi said...

I see that this special cleaner has the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval too! :D

Caseymini said...

Actually Susan, if you add it up, I think that it was more like 2 1/2or 3 generations. Those magazines were from 74 years ago.

Kathi, with a name like Dic-A-Doo I think that they needed the seal of approval just to get into the magazine!LOL

April said...

Nice job with the magazine handling. You must be related to a librarian.

Caseymini said...

In case you can't tell, that last comment was from my daughter April, the real librarian....LOL