Slowly but surely....
This morning I gritted my teeth and installed the first of the lighting. Remember that dark, third floor hallway? It is now a light third floor hallway(when it is hooked to a transformer.....
This had to be done before I could work on the bathroom. It has to be completely finished before I put in the dividing wall. In case you can't tell, electrical is not my favorite thing. I view it as a necessity. It's easy enough to do. Just not fun.
I used a small spot on one side towards the ceiling. The light itself will never be seen from either the bathroom or from the outside window, so nothing fancy was required.
Next, I decided to work on the bathroom fixtures. The first step was painting for all. I am not going to say that the kit from miniatures.com was an old one, but the wood finish that was included had solidified and almost looked like mold was growing in it.....Not good.
I wasn't planning on using it necessarily, so I went with charcoal grey Ceramcoat instead. No harm. No foul. I always paint all of the parts before taking them off of the sprues. Much easier that way. Two coats of metallic gold and charcoal grey later, this is what I had.
After taking everything off of the sprues, some touch up was required, but like I said, that was easier than holding each piece in hand and trying to paint that way.
I now have most of it put together. I still need to put together the toilet and some to the faucets need to be attached.
All in all, not a bad day's work in human terms.
Now back to the real world of laundry and head colds.
See you tomorrow.