First I painted all of the indentations on the corner posts gold. Then I did the rest in white. I really dislike, strongly, the little spaces in the rails, between the spindles. That took the longest. I know some people don't paint them, but I felt the need.
Tessie got in the act when I started gluing the posts to the rails. She made sure that everything was square and level. RGT even provided a couple of 1/8" spacers so that the railings set exactly that far off the floor all the way around.
Before I could glue the railings in place, I needed to finish the slate floors on the balcony and the roof. I got as far as the balcony floor.
Remember the old song....Monday's wash day. Well it's that, among other things. So I have to get serious and do some house work along with the mini house work.
Anyway, about the balcony floor. I have my own method of doing slate. I have this paper that I bought many years ago at a now out of business, art store. I still have a couple of sheets left. When it runs out, I am going to be very unhappy.
My method is to whack off a piece of the paper approximately the size of the floor that I want to cover. Then I just cut as I go. Stick it down and cut another piece. No real rhyme or reason. It works for me. After I get it laid down, I go over all of the grout lines with a ball stylus to soften and roll the edges of the paper.
I couldn't wait until I put the Prismacolors on the floor to see what it was going to look like. The balcony rail is not glued down. I sat it in place and Tessie, nickers in a twist, wanted to know why I skipped a step. I assured her that this was just a trial run.
That seemed to mollify her.
As I said before, I have to do some serious big house work now. Tomorrow I will show you what a difference the Prismacolors make.
See you then.