It worked! Yesterday I showed you the first step of the cupboard covered with Fimo.
I kept working after you left and this morning I "fired" it. I put it in the oven, wood and all, at 275 degrees for 20 minutes.
The tools with Tessie in the first photo are the ones that I used. I used what I had as far as rubber stamps. I used just sections of the ones that you see and repeated the designs.
I then cut the pieces to size and stuck them to the cabinet with the liquid Fimo that is hiding behind Tessie's left elbow. That's so that you will be able to find it in the store. Red label....Small bottle, but it goes a long ways. There are many uses for it.
After it came out of the oven, I painted it with Antique White Ceramcoat. I used what I had. I let that dry and whilst it was drying Tessie said, I don't know how many times, "It needs glass or something in the windows. My stuff will fall out!"
I did repeat that it wasn't hers. She didn't seem to hear that part of the conversation...Ever.
Oh! The feet. I forgot the feet. As I remember, this particular armoire had a skirted bottom. No feet. Just some boards were around the edge.
I found four wooden pieces that I think may have been meant as candlesticks. The small end was hollowed out. I upended them and glued the wide part to the bottom. Hey! This is an experiment. I am not going to get all fancy. I used what was there in the drawer. It was either these or some that were twice as tall....Not good.
Next I pulled out some sage green glaze. I can't say that it is my favorite, but again, it was what was there.(Aren't you getting tired of hearing me repeat that?)
I painted it on, one section at a time and wiped it off with a paper towel, leaving the green just in the lines of the imprint.
"Yes, Tessie. I know that there isn't anything in the windows!"
I don't have time to mess with that now. I also need to put a coat of varnish on it to protect the finish.
We are going to see "Avatar" at noon and I have to get ready. She will just have to wait until I get back to do the "windows".
All in all, I think that the technique is viable for a number of applications. The only drawback is, you can't do a wall or a roof. It has to fit in the oven..... And you can't do it on any kind of plastic. Deadly fumes and melting would ensue.
"No Tessie. We will not be covering Spiderwort Manor in Fimo. It won't fit in the oven!"
See you tomorrow.