Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cats Come First!

I am taking a break from minis today because of Widget. Our cats are out to bankrupt us. They only get ill when no vets, with the exception of emergency ones are open.

I am not going to tell you all of the gory details, but it was a ruptured scent sac. The unusual thing is this isn't catching and we went through it with Mookie about 6 months ago. The vet said, and I quote, "The coincidence is jaw dropping." No.....We are just good a picking out unrelated cats with the same problems.

I thought that you might like to see a photo of the phantom cat. No one believes we have two cats. This one always runs and hides under the bed when anyone but family is in the house.

This is Widget the last time he decided that we needed to spend money on him. That time it was his own fault. He tried to get to the top of a bookshelf in the workroom one night. He fell and as luck would have it, he landed on a drinking glass. It broke and cut three tendons in his back left foot. He was in a kind of cast for about two months and to keep him from licking the cast I designed and hand knitted him a cat sock. Actually, I think I did three. He wore out two of them. He actually liked them! Now I am wondering if I could design a pair of pants to keep him from licking the new wound.....Just kidding. That would make me one of those crazy cat ladies that you read about...

That episode was really fun(NOT). He had to be confined and we had to do our best to keep him from jumping up on furniture. Yeah, Sure. Have you ever tried to convince a cat that scales seven foot bookcases that he should stay on the floor for a couple of months?

We even went so far as to take the bed off of it's frame so that he could get on it easily. Our bed is realllllly high. This time I stuffed various and sundry objects(pillows, mattress pad, dollhouse kits and under the bed drawers) under there to keep him out and built steps at the end so that he could get up without jumping and tearing out the two staples that they put in. So what does he do? He circumvents the hand built stairs, goes to the side of the bed and leaps. I give up!

I had to include a photo of Mookie and Tessie or they would feel left out. This is an old one too.

Sorry about the lapse in minis. I will be back to it tomorrow.

See you then.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

I hope Widget is on the road to recovery Casey. x

Karin Corbin said...

Hey at least the cats can't spray stinky stuff now! That is the silver lining.

DLSarmywife said...

Awww poor kitty! And not to mention poor you. I can only imagine how hard it must be to get a cat to follow Drs.orders. I have a hard time enough getting my hubby to do the same. (he broke a bone in is foot in early OCtober) Hopefully your pretty kitty is well on the road to recovery. And hopefully Tessie will have some mercy on you and give you a bit of a break to care for him.

Caseymini said...

Karin, They never could. They were neutered when we got them. Widget figeted all morning. This afternoon he is unhappily sleeping and trying to ignore the Elizabethan Collar.

dalesdreams said...

Awww... poor kitty and you!

I know what you're talking about, many cat tails/tales here.

It's very hard to tell a cat to take it easy. ;)

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Katie said...

The things we go through for our 'family'! Give Widget mini hugs from all of us!!!

...Um...if you're knitting socks for your kitty, then your on the right road to 'crazy cat lady', LOL!!!

rosanna said...

Poor Widget. Poor Mum ! I wish a spped recover for the sake of both. Hugs Rosanna

Kim said...

I hope Widget recovers quickly. Poor little guy- I cannot even imagine trying to keep a cat from jumping onto things for a day let alone months :)

Sandy said...

Ahhhh cats yes! I had to take mine to the vet yesterday. It's a bit humid here now and the mosquitoes are out.. poor Zibby... they bite his nose and he scratches it off..truly! No nose left last year...so we have to take him to the vet for steroid injections! Vet's cost more than human doctors!

Tessie is very brave... my Cilla [a feisty black cat] would have snaffled her up in 2 seconds flat!

Hope your furbaby gets better soon!