Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Surely He Can't Be Serious.....



I put up the Halloween decorations this morning. I must admit to cheating here and there. I have decided to leave the windows without curtains. That way I can put in fabric matching the season. I opted for the skeleton material for Halloween. I simply cut one piece to cover both windows and masking taped them to the back. When Halloween is over, I rip that off and do another piece to match the next holiday.

It looks pretty good from the front. The main thing is, Tessie approves.

Tessie raided the Witches' Warehouse once more and we had more than enough to fill the porch.


Here you can see the whole thing. I used some sparkly black mini trim for the swags around the top. Tessie found all of the pumpkins. The ones on the lawn are a string of four that go with the Halloween villages that you see at Michael's and other craft stores. They actually light up. It's kind of hard to see in the photo.

I dug up the skeleton that you see in the corner....No. I didn't really "dig" him up. He was in a drawer in the workroom.(Notice that I am calling it the workroom again. I need to get in there and straighten.)

Zar is back....Poke the photo. I don't think that Tessie is falling for the false nose and glasses. As I said before..."Surely he can't be serious!".
How gullible does he think she is? And why would she want to invite a stranger with a big, bulbous, pink nose and fuzzy wrought iron eyebrows to her party anyway? He has to be kidding!

I may still add a few more things to the scene before Halloween gets here. If I do, I will show you how I do it.

Right now, I am going back to watch the fun. I want to see how long it takes for Tessie to kick him off of the porch. I am surprised that she even let him get that far. Maybe it was so that she could kick him farther when she does it....

See you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Kathi said...

Zar in disguise! Hysterical!

I really wish you lived next door to me! Your six year old would be my bestest friend! :)

Crafts From The Stash said...

Casey that scene you have done is wonderful. OMG @ Zar so funny.
Debie xxx

rosanna said...

You are eally incredibilble. I love the way you have done the porch and I love Zar! he is quite brave if he tries to cheat Tessie. I wonder how long Tessie will play with him before throwing him down the stairs.Hae a nice sunday Rosanna

Deni said...

So funny!
Luv the way Tessie has decorated the porch! lol
well I guessed you may have had something to do with it as well! huh!

Creager Studios said...

Zar is such a kidder!! I do like his get up though...and your decorations are WONDERFUL!!!

Thanks so much for the Sunday Morning Smile...

Hugs,
Jodi

Julia and Hywel said...

Absolutely fabalous. Your posts always bring a smile. I love Zar's disguise, but I agree, Tessie isn't going to fall for it!!!
Julia :0)x

Unknown said...

The porch looks fantastic...and I love the way you decorated it!
Zar is so funny,but he has to look out for Tessie,haha!

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Absolutely fantastic porch.
Beautiful as always!

Nikki xxx