Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Uh-Oh! She Lost the Wand!

Tessie zapped herself from the bedroom to her cottage yesterday afternoon. As she did, she somehow let go of the wand! She is NOT happy. It is nowhere to be found. She borrowed a mini vacuum cleaner from the Witches' Warehouse and is going over the big rug. She has to empty the bag about once every five minutes. Hey! If she does a good enough job I won't have to do it. I doubt that she will cover any areas besides the area between where I was working and her cottage.

Spike is back out from under the bed. As soon as she finds the wand, I have the feeling that he is going to grab it and chew it to death.... He doesn't want to be a gargoyle again.

I am a day behind since we went to HP yesterday. I am doing two things at once now. I am doing laundry. I'm cleaning and I just finished putting up a new curtain rod in the family room. I did one earlier in our bathroom. Those are real size and not at all easy compared to the mini ones. I have had the rods for ages and I still have a new one for the living room....That one is going to have to wait.Two is enough for one day.


I should tell you the bad news. Zar ran out of DVDs to watch. He is now back to nagging me to work on the Clockwork cottage. Maybe I can talk him into getting down and looking for Tessie's lost wand in exchange for my work. Thank goodness she lost it before she got the idea to try it out on him. As Debbie said in the comments, Zar could be turned to stone if he wasn't careful. I think that the crisis is averted for the time being.

Tessie popped up while I was hanging the curtains to tell me that the wand was nowhere to be found....Personally, I think that Spike found it when she wasn't looking and absconded with it.

She pleaded for me to do another one, since I had one started anyway. I finally gave up and carved the second one.

She was so desperate to get it that she didn't notice that it was made of lighter wood and not so powerful as the first. The kind of wood makes all of the difference. I also used a zebra tail hair for the core. That's much weaker than the piece of rhinoceros horn that I used on the other one.

She agreed to be confined to the glass terrarium whilst she learned to control it. I figured that she couldn't do quite so much damage in a confined space. Well. It was a good theory.....

If you look closely you will see what I mean. Spike is sitting on the floor. Look on the chair......... She IS good! Click the photo for a closer look. Heaven help us if she finds the other one and has one for each hand!

See you tomorrow if she doesn't turn me into a toad before then. Thank goodness for the glass between us.....

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

Hey Tessie, will the new wand help you make double the chocolate chip cookies?

Tabitha Corsica said...

mmm...I'm not so sure I'd have made her another, being so careless with the first. I think I'd have let her brood about that for a bit....