Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Behind Door # 3....?

I behaved myself this morning and worked on the Clockwork cottage, even though Balthazar was not helping at all. Tessie has him thoroughly hooked on watching DVDs. The last time I looked, he was in the middle of "Pitch Black" with Vin Diesel. He claims that the information on space travel in it will help with his time machine. Why? I think it is set sometime in the future, but it all happens at the same time. I think that it's just an excuse to keep from laying flooring in the bedroom.

Most of the time that I was working on it, I could hear Tessie and him making rude comments about Vin's bald head in the cat cozy.

When I was finished with the floor, I did some of the timber framing on the ceilings and walls. I still have some of that to do. I made the mistake of putting the carved wood fireplace surround in place to see how it looked. I don't like it with the half timber. It may have to be saved for another house. I am thinking that Zar would prefer old brick or maybe stone. I will have to ask when he finishes the movie.

I tried to ask him something yesterday when they were watching "Hackers!" and he stomped on my fingers and told me to leave. He was upset that he had to replay the scene that he had been watching. I am getting worried now. He has a notebook and is writing furiously as the movies play. He says it is research......

Meanwhile, just as I finished laying the floor, Tessie showed up. I asked if she would like to sit on the bed and pose for a photo to show scale. She replied "I am NOT scaly!" Here we go again. I had to explain that she was 1/12 the size of me and that was what scale meant. She finally agreed to pose. Only if she could keep her yo yo. It seems that Zar has been eyeing it for use as a part for the time machine. Something about balance. She and Spike are both guarding it with their lives.

I came in here to see how the photos of her and Spike came out. I am not a great photographer and sometimes I have to do it more than once.

When I went back to the cottage I caught Tessie in the bathroom. I think that whatever Zar did to make her forget the secret workshop is wearing off.

She was kicking the secret panel and trying to wedge her fingers in the crack between the door and the frame. I helped Zar out, just this once, by telling her that I had made a mistake in that wall and had to patch it. I am not sure that she bought it. Spike refused to leave. I think that he smelled the lunch that Zar left on the table. I am going to have to have a long talk with Zar. He has to be more careful and he also has to hypnotize her better next time.

I am going to go eat Chinese food now and worry about those two tomorrow.

See you then.

5 comments:

Kathi said...

I love your little stories!

Jill said...

I'm so glad that you were able to explain the whole "scale" thing to Tessie. She seemed quite upset! So funny!

Jo Raines said...

I am laughing hysterically! Love Tessie kicking the wall and the dog watching her antics in bemused silence! So funny. It's always a treat to visit you here!

Jody
http://minileapsandbouns.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

I love how you finished the bedroom. The trim looks great!

MiniKat said...

Have you thought about making a false "patch" for the crack in the wall. Zar could tell Tessie he patched it himself. ;-)