Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In Hot Water!

I tackled the hot water reservoir for the bath this morning. I still have to do the plumbing. Maybe I will leave that part to Zar. After all, he is the one with the pipe wrench, not to mention more knowledge of Steampunk machinery. I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of pipes and fittings running around the bath after he gets finished. He mentioned an idea that he had for running hot water pipes under the floor too keep his feet warm in the morning. I don't think that he will be able to resist putting a few above the floor just because he likes the looks of them.

He stayed out of the way so that I could get a good photo of the tank.I think it turned out well, considering the pieces that I used. The tank walls are really copper sheeting. The top is where it gets tricky. I needed a perfect oval tank that would fit into the space at the end of the tub.

Yesterday I opened a new package of deodorant. The little plastic piece at the top that is meant to protect the unopened package was the perfect size and shape. I simply colored it with a Krylon gold leaf pen. I also cut two of the same shape from mat board and glued them back to back for the inside bottom. I glued all of this together and trimmed it with fancy gold stick on tape that I purchased at a mini show.

It is perched on a basket turned upside down in the photo just to see how high I want to make the stand for it.

With Beau's help, Zar laid tile on the floor of the bathroom. He put in the toilet just to see how it would look and where he wanted it to be. That isn't the permanent installation.

He also put up the back of the book case that leads to the workroom.....It's a good thing that he did. Again, this is just temporary to see how it is going to fit. The shelves haven't been glued to the other side quite yet. He got it in place just in the nick of time.

Right after he got it where he wanted it Tessie came barreling in to see what was going on. He has managed to erase her memory of the workroom, but she seems to have regained access to the rest of the house.

Unfortunately, Balthazar didn't get the molding installed to hide the seams and has not painted yet. She immediately spotted the seams. Zar had to cover by saying that he accidentally knocked a hole in the wall with his pipe wrench and had to repair the area. She seems to be satisfied with that explanation for the time being. I think he had better get the rest of it done fast so that she will drop her suspicions.

Maybe I had better go help him get it done now.....I think it's time for a tea and cookie break for Tessie. I gave Zar the high sign to drag her down to the kitchen so that I can get started. Gotta run.
See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jo Raines said...

Love the bathroom. Zar is doing an amazing job! Could you mail him to me to help Joanna and me with the exterior painting of her house? I told her any drips, unevenness and other flaws will just personalize it and everyone will believe us when we say, "We did it ourselves!"

Jody
Mini Leaps and Bounds

Debbie said...

Casey the bathroom looks great. Love the tiles and the water heater is brilliant..xx

MiniKat said...

The bathroom is looking great! I wish Zar could do something with our real bathroom. It needs some steampunk touches...