Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, April 3, 2009

Balthazar the Cornered.......


It is official, at least the first name is. The Steampunk Man is to be known as Balthazar. Zar for short. He is alive......Kind of. He has a face and hair, however there are no clothes yet. He is running around in a piece of striped fabric, trying to keep himself covered at the moment. He still needs a trim on his hair and some shoes."Why is he running?" you ask? Yup. You guessed it. Tessie is in chase mode. It has been horrible.

I painted the kitchen(miniature) and put the light fixture in the ceiling to see how it would look. I used Ceramcoat Trail Tan and plan to use cream or ivory for trim.

For once, Tessie did something to help. She wandered in and immediately went for the cappuccino machine. I think that she is addicted. She bumped her head on the bottom of the light. Well.....It was helpful. Now I know that it needs to be a lot higher.


I asked what she was doing and she said that she needed to regain her strength before continuing the hunt for Balthazar. He must have ducked in a closet or gotten out of the house somehow. Hmmm.....I wonder if he would fit behind the bookcase in the living room. I also wonder if Tessie has thought to look there. Evidently not, or he didn't fit there, one of the two.

She only stayed a little while and then she continued the hunt. I heard a yelp from upstairs. It was Zar. Tessie had him cornered in what will be the secret room. Some secret!

She was bargaining with him for his piece of fabric, trying to talk him into exchanging it for a few fig leaves(they were really geraniums) He wasn't going for it. He may be new to the world, but he's not stupid. I guess I am going to have to intervene.

First I have to find a way to distract Tessie and then Steampunk Man quickly goes into hiding. Wish me luck. If everything goes right, I will see you tomorrow. If not, you will probably find me locked in a closet somewhere. I am going to hope for the best. After all, I am bigger and smarter than Tessie.......Maybe.

See you tomorrow.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Casey I'm am sitting here laughing my head off. I so Love Tessie and her antics..

Sunny Sunflower Miniatures said...

I dunno...you're bigger and smarter than Tessie but she's charged on love and caffeine.
Mary

MiniKat said...

Dear Tessie,

It has been my experience over the year that the absolute best way to get a man to pay attention to you is to occasionally leave them yummy food and otherwise ignore them.

Men are generally always hungry and when they start to associate you with food appearing they think about you more and wonder why you don't spend more time with them.

After you get them dependent on you for home-cooked food and special desserts, mending their clothes and even sewing for them really can make them think.

The most important thing to remember is to never seen too eager. If you can pretend like you have other things that are more interesting than spending time with the man in question you are much more likely to nab him.

It's sneaky I know, but it works really, really well. In fact that's how I nabbed my husband. ;-)

Good luck!
Kat

Caseymini said...

Bad Kat! Stop encouraging Tessie! I am hoping that the crush will wear out. I don't want her moving in! I do believe that Zar is going to have to have a live in "housekeeper" to keep her out.

If you don't behave, I am going to tell FH!!! LOL

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Todays tale is so funny Casey and couldn't stop laughing.
Hope he manages to find some clothes soon... lol

Sunny Sunflower Miniatures said...

Uhm, Balthazar, a certain Mr. Ken asked to use my Blogger account to send you this message:

"Hey, B-man, check out Mary's blog. Have I got your solution to Tessie. Thanks, Ken"

Mr. Ken shot me the puppy eyes and I couldn't resist helping him.
Mary

FH said...

Dear Casey,

This is FH. Don't worry she (Kat) will behave or there will be spankings. Maybe there will be anyway.

FH

Caseymini said...

Run Kat Run! FH is going to get you!...On second thought, never mind.....LOL

MiniKat said...

My husband the smart aleck. See why I adore him? ;-)