Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tessie In Love......

I went to Miniature Memories this morning. It is Tucson's one and only miniature store. I was basically looking for molding. I got a few other things beside that. You have heard that old saying "Everything but the kitchen sink"? Well, now I have the kitchen sink. It's a ReutterPorzellan.

Tessie likes it. But she LOVES The new dog that I bought for the Steampunk man. I fear that I may have to pry him away from her when the Steampunk man gets here. She immediately named him "Spike" and announced that he should have a heavy leather collar with (see it coming?)big brass spikes around it. According to her, all pit bulls should all have heavy leather collars with big brass spikes all the way around,
. I'm afraid that she's going to be disappointed. As you can see, he's a lover. Not a fighter.

Next she found the telephone that I bought. I am going to have to steampunk it up a bit. It's too shiny right now. She keeps trying to use it. I can't get it through her head that it's not hooked up to anything. She has seen us using cordless phones all over the house and can't figure out why this one doesn't work the same way. She's trying for a hex to make it work......This should be fun.
Please notice the dog attached to her at the hip. They are already inseparable.

She keeps loudly yelling "Hello? Hello? Is anybody there?" into the mouth piece and Spike keeps whining because of her screeching. I think that the phone is going to go away to a hiding place. To bad Tessie knows about the space behind the bookcase..... I guess necessity is indeed the mother of invention. Where can I put another hiding place? I need to get that workroom up and running. I am going to make sure that she's not around when I do that and install the hidden door before she sees what's happening.

I did buy a couple of inexpensive baskets and a brass clock face for a quarter. Oh! I forgot. Yes. I did get the wood that I was looking for. All in all, it was a pretty good morning.

Now I have to go use some of that wood and find a place to hide the phone. I think that she and Spike need both need a time out. I know I do!

See you tomorrow.

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Casey I have to say Tessie and Spike do look lovely together. Glad you managed to get your mouldings.

MiniKat said...

Hmmm... I really hope your Steampunk man can get along with Tessie. I have a feeling she will be in his hair and gears quite often.

I have plenty of spare black velvet pig suede if you need some for a collar.

Anonymous said...

You got some great stuff and I love Spike. I can see why Tessie is in love. I think Steampunk man is going to have a tough time if he thinks Tessie will give up the love of her life. You could hide the phone in the alcove under the stairs. Just lift up a riser to get to it.

Caseymini said...

Thanks for the offer MiniKat, but I have the collar made already. Spike will be showing off tomorrow.
I think that he's as big a ham as Tessie!

rosanna said...

They are so sweet together, you must not divide them. I suppose that Tessie has already forgotten her pet alligator. nice shopping you have done

Caseymini said...

Doreen, why didn't you tell me that sooner. What a good idea....Now I am going to have to tear the stairs apart. I am thinking that hinging a couple of steps together would be a good way to get into that compartment.

Caseymini said...

Rosanna, Tessie hasn't forgotten Friskie. I think that she just likes anything living and breathing. She has pet lizards, snakes and spiders too. LOL

Katie said...

Ok...I see you say you already have a colar made.....I need one for Lucky in the skate shop, hint, hint!! Oh!....and maybe if you had bought 2 dogs, Tessie wouldn't be so disappointed...LOL, Shame on you!!!

Sasha said...

Uh oh, it's Spike I feel sorry for. poor animal doesn't stand a chance against Tessie!!!

Love the sink BTW - I've been lusting after that exact same one. I just need to work out a way of getting it without hubby noticing....!!!

Caseymini said...

Katie, if you are a good girl, I will show you how to make one tomorrow. They are dead easy!

Tessie will be back with the Friskie the alligator in no time. She is going to tire of Spike being sweet.

Sasha, I got lucky. The sink was about 30% less than anywhere I have seen it on the net! Way cool!

Creager Studios said...

I think the Pup likes Tessie as much as she likes him...they seem happy and I believe there can be something worked out between Tessie and the Steampunk man...
Hey...there is no way to deny instant chemistry

Jodi

beyondbaffled said...

The pics of Tessie and the dog are so cute! I need to find a mini dog for my house!