Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Short and Sweet....



I just got back from the optometrist. There was something wrong. I'm not crazy after all....Well maybe just a little bit crazy, but it was the glasses not me. they are going to make new lenses and hopefully all will be well after that.

I had to make a stop at the 22nd Street Antique Mall on the way home. The last time I went a couple of weeks ago I struck out. This time I did better.


I found a typesetter's drawer and it was only $10.00. The other ones that size that I have were at least twenty. This one is in better shape than the others. All I will have to do is take the handle off and use some Liquid Gold on it.


I am going to hang it on the left wall of the workspace. It will be a good place to store all of the things that I make for the Clockwork Cottage until I am ready to install them. I already have a Steampunk clock and a Steampunk Cappuccino machine to put in there.
Yesterday and this morning Debbie of Tiny Treasures and I were tossing around ideas for making an Orrery and/or an Armillary Sphere. I found a wonderful site. Debbie had already been there and done that. Since I am going to go mess with the drawer and then try to do a Orrery, I will send you to the site. Be sure to see it all. She has wonderful fantasy items of all kinds. http://erickav.com/orrery.htm This leads to the orrery page. Do take some time to see the other sections.
While you are doing that, I am going to go play with my new toy.
See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Casey you have just reminded me I have one of those printer's tray's somewhere!

Creager Studios said...

WOW...cool type setters drawer...I love those...at one time I had 5 up on my wall..colelcting tons of stuff and tons of dust...LOL! Alas I am down to only one...miss em.
Erika does some cool cool Orrery's love her things...I met her when I was in EHAG. Can't wait to see what you come up with...

Congrats on the New Lenses...they can change everything...

Jodi

rosanna said...

pacerstaI've learned a new world Orrery but now I do not know the equivalent in Italian. I have to check my dictionary.
I'm happy to know that the lenses were wrong. Everything will turn to the better from now on. Hugs

Katie said...

My grandfather was a printer..started when they had to actually place each letter into place....Retired after they went to computers. But I've always loved those printer trays! And what a steal at $10!

now, I'm off to figureout what an orrery is, LOL!

Sans! said...

Thanks for the link Casey. Wow, what a world!

JFolk said...

Amazing! I love the drawer, but whats more amazing is how similar our 'work spaces' are! lol, I will post photo of mine on my site, hehe!
Hugs, Jaime

Karin Corbin said...

This photo shows a lovely orrery that you might like and would not be too hard to replicate the look of with your watch parts.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Orrery_small.jpg