Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lost and Found.......

I am still fighting the sore knuckle this morning. No wood carving again today. The cleaning bug is still biting me. I went into the workroom and started picking up one thing at a time and putting it in it's place. It's very slow work.

As I was working I found a couple of things that I have been searching for to use in the Clockwork cottage.

It's been a month or more since I have seen my lead golf tape. I need that for the water heaters and also the cappuccino machine that is going in the kitchen. I went and searched for images on MSN and found some made of copper with all kinds of ornate detailing. I can't wait to start that now that I have the tape.

Next I found my pallet of metallic creams. They are similar to Rub and Buff cream. I found these in the scrapbook department when we still had a Ben Franklin Crafts store here. I don't think that I told you, but I think that the reason that the Reutter sink was marked down about 25% was the legs and the faucet on it didn't match. The faucet was antique bronze. The legs and pipes underneath were shinny black. With the metallic cream I made them match. Everything is now antique bronze. I am not letting that pallet out of my site until the Clockwork Cottage is done. I am going to need that for a lot of different things.

Another found object was some clear stickers with fancy gold designs that Martha Stuart put out a year or so ago......Bless her. Nothing stays in fashion with her for very long. Wal-Mart was getting rid of them for half price as Martha had discontinued them.......As I said, bless her. I wouldn't have bought them at the regular price.

Here's the end of one of the sheets. There are 4 different designs and they are a foot long. That goes a ways in the mini world. I used the design on the left on the risers of the stairs.

I simply cut them to size and stuck them on each one. They seem to be sticking well. I will go back and make sure before I put the back wall on. They are embossed and almost look hand painted.

Tessie really likes them. I am hearing the word "sparkly" a lot, once again. It always puts her in a good mood when I use anything that sparkles. She is kind of like a magpie or crow.

Anyway, she went up and down the new stairs a couple of times on foot to see how they worked. She muttered something about them needing to be wider so that there could be a banister to slide on.......I went away before she could put forth the idea aloud. I am NOT widening the stairs. She can witch herself up and down if she doesn't like the width.

I went back to the workroom. I kept hearing a rapid clunk, clunk, clunk sound. Then I would hear a whoosh! Then the clunk, clunk, clunk again. It was repeated over and over. Once in a while there was what sounded like an excited bark. After a while the sound was getting to me. I went to find out what it was.

It seems that Tessie removed the tub from it's surround and witched it to make it lighter. She was whooshing it to the top of the stairs by witching it and then sliding down the selfsame stairs in it with Spike hanging on for dear life! You should see them go around the two right turns. It's a good thing that there isn't a wall there. They would have been stuck in there the first try. As it is, I will let her do it until she gets bored........I hope she gets bored soon. All of that whooshing and clunking are giving me a headache.

I am going back in the workroom, close the door and work just to have some peace and quiet now.

See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

rosanna said...

I always wonder how on hearth Tessie can poise so naturally. It must be an innate gift.I already said that she is a mini Sophia Loren. The stair look very good with a bit of sparkle, I really like them. What about your lenses? mini hugs

Caseymini said...

Rosanna, I find out about the lenses Friday morning. I printed off what you said about them to take with me to the appointment. Thanks again for the input.

Debbie said...

LOL loving the picture of Tessie & spike in the bath sliding down the stairs..

MiniKat said...

I suppose Tessie would witch Spike and herself out of danger if need be. Let's hope she doesn't break the tub. ;-)

Caseymini said...

I'm not too worried about the tub, Kat. It's cast iron. The stairs are a different story. I may have to replace all of the treads! LOL

Katie said...

bah hahahaha...Good ole tessie, she's always good for a laugh.....I think she needs a longer stair case....Imagine the speed she could get! LOL!!

Sans! said...

That palette is great..reminds me of my eye shadow which I can now use for crafting as I don't go out on weekends anymore except to shop for craft. haha! And that stairs! What a great idea for my Indian palace! Walmart closed down in Singapore a few years back though but plenty of substitute here. Tessie is so crazy my girls are absolutely terrified of her, all 30 of them :D.