Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Little Blah Blog.......

No. I'm not feeling blah. I just mean that there aren't going to be any colorful photos today. All I did was some sketches of ideas for the Clockwork Cottage.

I have gone back to the idea that the bathroom should be upstairs on the left as you look at the house. The door to the secret room is going to be on the left wall there. Through the door is going to be the Steampunk workshop.

After seeing a tub on "The Steampunk Home" http://thesteampunkhome.blogspot.com/blog I was thinking of something like this for the bath. There is a photo about 1/3 of the way down the page. It doesn't have a copper water heater though.

I also lean towards the Edwardian idea of the bath fixtures enclosed in wood paneling. If I did that, I would build it into the window recess on the back wall. It would still stick out a ways so poor Steampunk man wouldn't bump his head getting in and out of the tub.

If I did that, I could run some fancy trim down the left wall to cover the seams of the door. That would be a bookcase on the other side, in the workroom. I would carry out the molding throughout the bathroom.


I am also thinking about infernal machines to go in the kitchen. There must be a contraption for coffee brewing. I am thinking a stone sink with copper fittings. And last but not least, there must be an old fashioned Chrysnbon Ice Box that has been tinkered with. Maybe a refrigeration coil could be rigged to the top. After all, why should Steampunk man not be way ahead of his time. He has figured out how to make it work!


Katie of Katie's Clay Corner http://katiesclaycorner.blogspot.com/ said in a comment this morning that she thinks of "Waterworld and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" every time she hears the word Steampunk. Katie, and anyone else that is interested, have I got a website for you!? !
This is a European website that has cataloged movies, books and games in a timeline so that you can go and see what you viewed, read or played that is Steampunk. It is fun to look at the lists and see what you have and haven't seen. I read the lists and thought" Wow! They are right!" Once you start looking for it, Steampunk style is all around us.


I just looked up from my typing and saw this. It is my Elliot Underwood. He is Elliot for short and he still works perfectly. My daughter and I used to leave each other mysterious messages on him when she was younger. In honor of Steampunk, I may just have to start typing entries for the blog with him. The only problem will be how to send them to you.......Snail mail??? Strike that. I am going to stick with Mikey.....The Microsoft keyboard. He has the power to send messages instantly. Sorry Elliot. You are going to have to just sit there and look Steampunky.

Have fun on the websites. See you tomorrow.


5 comments:

rosanna said...

I have a copper water heater, I've bought it from Bodo Henning. I'll send you a picture of it. Mini hugs

MiniKat said...

Hmm... so if I find any "bits" that can be used for Steampunk, I will save them and let you know. This is geting more interesting by the minute!

Oh and Elliot is quite handsome. ;-)

Katie said...

Thanks for the link! I went and checked it out, and didn't reconize half of it, LOL!! One of my favorite movies was in there though....A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!! I love that movie!! LOL....Star wars is on the list, so are the Back to the Futures! I laughed when I saw Disney's Talespins....I used to watch that all the time as a kid! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was on the list:) Again...thanks for sharing the link!

Like the doodles! It will be interesting to see what you come up with!

....and did you ever get to see City of Ember?? That's a neat movie, too!! With Bill Murray...

Debbie said...

Looking forward to seeing all your steam punk creations Casey..

shannonc60 said...

Pheonix do a great water heater - but you're a DIYer so you'll probably make your own!

I didn't know that the boxed in, pannelled bathrooms were Edwardian. Huh, I have a kit and want to do an eEdwardian house....

And as for Elliot, maybe you could type the blog and scan it in???