Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Getting Ideas.......

Yesterday I ordered a kit from Greenleaf. Their annual "Spring Fling" contest has just started. Everybody is off and running!

The deal is, you buy the discounted kit(14.95) and turn it into something fantastic by May 25th(Memorial Day) 2009. Then you shoot some photos and send the best three to Greenleaf.http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Miniature-Bungalow.html

This year there is more incentive to enter. First prize is a $500.00 gift certificate from Greenleaf for purchasing their products. The second place winner gets a $250.00 gift certificate. Third is one for 125.00.

I probably shouldn't be telling you about this.Everyone is going to want to join in the fun and there will be more entries. How can you lose? Even if you don't win you will have a finished -------(Fill in the blank with a building of your own choosing). The nice thing is there really aren't any rules about what you can do to it. You can bash it. You can put two together. Just use your imagination!

They have a photo section on the site of entries from last year. I didn't enter that one. The building was too small for me. There were some really nice entries. Go look. You might just get a few ideas. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=sc&cat=55

This year the building is 15"w X16"h X8" deep. Not a bad size to play with. The shape is so different that I got suckered into it.

I started making a list of ideas. Then I went on the Greenleaf Spring Fling Chatter page. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20050 I found that every idea on my list was there somewhere as a suggestion for things to make. For that reason I am back to square one.

I have been searching in books and online for more ideas. Thus, no mini work today. Instead, I am hoping to talk you into joining the fun. Everyone is very hush, hush about what they are doing, but more than willing to give others the ideas that they aren't doing.

No, I don't own stock in Greenleaf. I just like their kits. They seem to get my imagination going. Speaking of which, I am now going back to make another list of ideas. I hope that you will join me!


See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

rosanna said...

what a pity! I cannot join in the run. Even if I ordered today the kit I'd not receive before May. The Mail service is so slow round here. Good luck to you

MiniKat said...

I have been pondering joining the contest. I don't know if I would finish it in time though.

Caseymini said...

MiniKat, I might not finish in time either. I just think that the building is interesting and such a bargain. If I don't, I still have something to work on that was only 14.95. I like the barrel roof.

TreeFeathers said...

I got this kit, too, although I'm sure I won't get it done in time for the contest. Just such an unusual building! Now I'm pondering what to do with it...