Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, January 2, 2009

That Darned Cat......

Mookie has been a very busy cat this holiday season! I am going to be very busy fixing what he had a great deal of fun doing......

His first adventure was right in front of my eyes and so quick that I couldn't stop him. See those cute little double doors on the front of the Haberdashery? I was sitting at the computer about 3 feet in front of it. Mookie was wandering around on top of the roll top desk where it sits. The first thing I knew, I looked up and saw his backside and the end of his tail disappearing through those little doors. Have you ever had a feeling of total panic about one of your creations? I did right then! Luckily, my husband was home and we managed to lift the building down and get the top off of it. Mookie calmly hopped out and went on his merry way. He only moved one table out of place. You will notice that now it sits even with the front edge of the roll top so that he doesn't have anyplace to walk. It is pretty much cat proof now. He still sleeps on top. I think he is hoping that the ceiling will collapse so that he can get inside once again. It's NOT going to happen!

You know how cats are. They are nothing, if not persistent. Mookie is especially so. I put the basket shop on the Chinese chest in the living room and decorated it with snow and other winter things for Christmas. I pushed it all the way to the back of the chest so that the back couldn't be seen. Again, in my presence, Mookie nonchalantly strolled over to the chest, jumped up and by the time I could get to him he had jumped over the roof and in through the opening. My luck wasn't so good that time. It just all has to be put back in place. It looks worse than it is. It will just take a little time. I think that some things are going to be glued down this time. I wanted to do some final placement before I did that. It is now time to get it done. The opening wasn't even visible, but he watched every step of the build and knew the ins and outs. Pardon the pun!

The next "accident" was partially my own fault. I moved the greenhouse into the computer room and sat it on the edge of the table with the Mystery House.......Yup. You guessed it. Mookie thought that would be a dandy place to land from his cat tree....Oops. Thank goodness the windows are plexi. Nothing was broken. I don't have things glued down in there because I am constantly stealing plants and wicker from the greenhouse to put in other minis. Again, it will just need straightening.

Yesterday I turned the Mystery House around to take the party photos.(Please notice that the photo is a close up.) That house is three feet high and I have it in a corner so that the only way a certain cat could get in it would be over the top and into the back.........You guessed it. Mookie has evidently been having parties of his own in there when I wasn't around to chaperon. I keep saying I am going to work on that one and finish it one of these days. Do you suppose that he is trying to tell me something?

Anyway, you can guess what I will be doing today for the rest of the day.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Merri said...

This is an old post but I just had to comment. Casey, you live my eternal nightmare. I have five kitties, and if there's something they want to examine, nothing short of death is going to stop them. I just moved my cat tree WAY FAR from my East Side Town House, so they can't jump over to the top, but I am fatalistic about it all..one fine day I'll look over and there they'll be, perched on top, or worse yet, they'll figure out a way to open those front doors and get in, ACK!