Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Move In,Move Out,Move in again.....

Round and round we go! The furniture is going to be worn out before the cottage is even ready! I moved out the furniture on the ground floor this morning so that I could lay the floor. Tessie decided that there should be wood on the ground floor as well as upstairs. Since she goes barefoot most of the time she thought it would be cozier than slate which I had originally planned. Why do I plan anything? She changes her mind at least once a minute.

She pulled her chair up to watch and I shooed her out. It is impossible to lay floor boards around her. And as usual, she had an explanation for how to go about it. And I quote, "Just do all of the floor except for the boards under my chair. Then I will move somewhere else and you can do that spot.". Here we go again! I finally got it through her tiny head that it would look like I patched a big hole in the middle where she is determined to plop the chair every time. So she was miffed. She flounced(I have never seen anyone flounce and apperate at the same time before) off to her bedroom. She was very quiet all the time that I was laying the floor.......I got suspicious.

I peaked in and there she was. Her new clothes were scattered here and there. Her excuse was that she put extra sheets and other fabric for clothes in the trunk. I think we have a problem. There are no flat walls to put pegs up for hanging them.

I started looking around and she has stolen one of my antique pincushions to use as a footstool. I collect all kinds of antique sewing tools. I have extras so I guess it's OK, for now anyway. I think that we are going to have words about having a big easy chair in the bedroom. I made her move the joint stool away from the eaves and under the window. The candle was a fire hazard. She confiscated a beaded necklace from my stash. I am either getting soft or very tired of arguing with her. She is getting her way more and more. Did I mention that she is sitting up there pouting? She witched the sewing table up there and was eating Halloween cookies and drinking bug beer. I gave up and went back downstairs and did the half timber while she was still busy.

I stopped to eat lunch after that. By the time I was ready to go back to work, this is how the ground floor looked. She managed to witch the cupboard back into it's place. That was probably the best way to move it. There is less than a quarter inch to spare between the top and the ceiling now.

I am not sure how she is planning on using the silver filigree container by the cupboard. Maybe it's a waste basket. I will have to ask.

She's still trying to work in the round table. The pogo stick is resting by the door.......I am not sure that I should show you the other half of the room....

Once again she has witched the stove that has food into the room and now she is trying to get the motorcycle in also. If she succeeds, there is going to be no room to walk around.

She left the oven door open. It' s a good thing that it's not lit. I found her new shoes stored in there! Debbie made a comment saying that she hoped that Herman wasn't a fire breathing dragon the other day......I hate to say it, but I think that is the least of my worries. At least she can't move Herman into the house!

I am going back now to see what other damage she has done. I am going to have to move everything out of the kitchen again. I need to varnish the floors. Did I mention that I still need to finish all of the windows and the curtains? Yes. Another move out and in. Or in and out. I am thoroughly confused now. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Erika said...

I love your storie about Tessie and are always looking forward to the next episode of it.
She is a little witch

Debbie said...

Oh Casey, this story is getting funnier by the day. Love it.. LOL..

Linda said...

This is great fun to read. :)