Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Curtain Call......


This has been one of those days when the things that I should be doing aren't getting done. I got up with the intentions of finishing the windows in the cottage today. I went to look for the channel molding to go around the edges of the glass. I went through the molding drawer twice. I found one short piece. On top of that, I went to get the plastic sheet of windows and they were no where to be found. By the time I established that both were hiding somewhere in the workroom.......I was out of the mood to mess with windows. I pulled on the string tied to my toe and got myself out of there!

I look outside the real windows and it it cloudy and drizzling rain. It has been all day. It's a good day for getting sidetracked. So I went to the kitchen and made real date oatmeal muffins instead of minis. Then I had to eat the muffins. All of that took up about an hour. I couldn't think of any other excuse not to work on the cottage so I decided on making the curtains.

I have a tutorial elsewhere for making curtains already so I will just show you what I got done. I talked Tessie into some different fabric for the bedroom curtains. They are much more sedate than the ones with the big stars. I think that they will work out better.

About the toaster fabric in the kitchen...Now that I have it pleated the toasters done show at all. I am going to at least try it, but I may have to change to something like Roman shades or a roller blind if I want them to show.

I have all of the curtains pinned. The more that I look at them, the more I think that they are too formal for a cottage. I am thinking that this has been a wasted day, with the exception of the muffins. Those were good.

You may be asking why I haven't mentioned Tessie. Well......Yesterday when I was taking photos of Eskiaga's digs, she noticed. I had to introduce the two of them. I don't think it is going well though.

Eskiaga seems to think that she is only interested in his cat and his tacos! I imagine that she will be back in her cottage soon.
I am going back to work now and I WILL accomplish something today! I hope that it will be more than just muffin making!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks like Tessie's making herself right at home...
She'll be wanting the cat next...

Erika said...

Hi Casey!!!!
You have an award to collect on my blog.
Congratulations