Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Not a Miniaturist Today.....

Did you ever have one of those days? This morning I did yardwork. After that we went to lunch and looked at new TVs to replace one that is on it's last legs. When I finally got to the place where I realized that I had done nothing mini today I ran around in circles looking for something to do in mini. I think that the main problem was that I was not really in the mood to mini. Yup. Sometimes I get like that.

I was sitting at the computer, so I decided to do something on the cross stitch program. This is it.
Feel free to use it if you want to. I thought maybe a door mat or a small rug. Simple. Two colors. Plain old cross stitch. Can you guess that I am bored? Bah Humbug!
Next I decided to try making something with fimo. Aha! Gingerbread men. I used my smallest 5 petal flower(1/4") to cut them out. Then I smooshed the two bottom petals together for the legs and squeezed in the neck and made the arms a bit thinner by shaping with a toothpick. I was too lazy to make white frosting so I used some creamcolored liquid fimo tat I already had made. I dabbed it on with a toothpick. They turned out pretty awful. I sliced some round cookies and filled them. Also pretty awful. I was so bored that I tried to convince myself that slices of oranges could look like cookies. Then another miscellaneous cane was sliced and it didn't look any more like cookies than the man in the moon. Remember the word smooshed that I used earlier? I used the technique again. Everything got smooshed together! No more cookies!
I finally settled on going back to work on Christmas presents. I am doing some beadwork. I can't show you that. Someone might be looking that shouldn't see it. So here's something pretty to look at in place of that. The top piece is a Listerine breath mint container that I made a couple of years ago. I am not sure if they even make the mint sheets anymore. You know. The kind that melt on your tongue. I am now trying to figure out another use for it. The pencil is one that I did about the same time. These are both made with #14 beads. That means if you line the beads up in a row(not strung) hole up, you will have 14 in an inch long line. That means that each inch of beadwork has approximately 200 beads in each square inch. Technically these pieces count as miniatures. They are the same size as the beads that I use to make mini purses. Anyway, that is as close as I got to any miniatures today. I am soooooo ashamed.
See you tomorrow.

No comments: