Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Moving Day...

About three this morning I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. When I do this, I usually come up with some harebrained scheme to do something "different" to the real house. This morning was no different than any other time. I should say that I had a light bulb moment.

For years we have had a large TV in the bedroom. You know the kind. The one that you got early on and it is about the size of a baby elephant. Yes, it has been replaced with a flat screen in the living room, but it just hangs around looking sad and gets watched when two people can't agree on one show. That's most of the time around here. My husband is into the golf channel and I am into HGTV.

We have two cats that think that the plant shelves in this house were put in purely for their entertainment if they can get to them. The shelves are eight feet from the floor, but if they can think of a way to get there they will. The one in our bedroom is my "attic". I have all kinds of interesting odds and ends up there.....Of course it is fascinating to the cats. It has great places to play hide and seek. They love to knock things off to watch them drop and smash on the floor.

When we put the behemoth in the bedroom they decided it would be delightful to jump to the top of the TV and from there to the plant shelf. I was not as worried about that as I was about them coming down. They, for some reason, think that they should come directly down. Forget about the silly step of jumping to the TV! So the only thing I could think of to keep them from doing that was to block the way up. And the only way I could think of doing that was to put fake greenery on top of the TV so that they would be discouraged from leaping up there in the first place. It worked and has been in place for years. I hated it, but it worked. It was like watching TV in a jungle.

Long story a little shorter. I thought, in my semi-awake state, why not put miniatures on top of the TV. Any normal person would have thought of this long ago. I am a little slow sometimes. OK so I am a lot slow.

I went to work this morning changing things. I ripped off all of the fake ivy. Then I went around and collected stuff that I thought might work. The three greenhouses just fit with no room left for a cat landing strip.
I was very pleased, but that left several holes in other places. Sooooooo I moved things around some more. The Mystery House wound up in the computer room. It is looking over my shoulder as I type. Yes, I know. This is still a long story. There is a point though. Please stick with me. That solved the problem of the cats sneaking into the back of that one. So far Mookie hasn't figured out that he can go over the top. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
The end of the story is coming soon......Moving the Mystery House solved another problem. I now have a dining room table back! I moved the bookshop to the table that I was using to work on the Mystery House. Let's be honest. I haven't worked on it for a few months now.
I figure if I have the book shop on that table it will be more accessible to work on when I get in the mood. I know, please don't point and laugh. I haven't gotten a lot further on the shingling. Now that I have a place to do it that is the right height I am more likely to finish them.
I am now off to see what holes I made elsewhere and how to fill them. I don't think that minis are going to be built today, only moved.
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Katie said...

LOL...the funny thing is I know exactly what your talking about with the cats....it's never seems to surprise me on where they think they need to be!! Hey, when your cats push things off the shelves, do they also look over to say, "Did I do that??" Like they don't know, lol...I think they're a lot smarter than some people give them credit for!!