Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No Way! No How!

I tore out the wallpaper and put away all of the 1/4"parts and pieces this morning. No way, no how am I going to work on that trunk anymore. It was turning out downright depressing and dingy. I need to re-think the whole thing. Nothing went together. It all clashed. I am a firm believer that if something isn't working, don't force it. It may work but you still won't be happy with the results.
So now I am doing some needlework to pacify myself. I dug out this. I don't know if anybody else does quilts this way but this is the way I thought it up, tried it, decided would work and it does. I am working on 30 stitch to the inch, even weave fabric. I am doing all of the stitching with one strand of embroidery floss. I am working on the diagonal. Each of the little blocks that you see is over three threads. The first stitch in the square is over one x, the second over 2 and the third and longest stitch is over 3. Therefore in real life there would be 10 of the little blocks to the square foot. This is an Irish Chain pattern. I just looked at the photo and did it from there. As you can see, I have about 4 rows of white blocks to go. It's the most boring part. That's why it is still unfinished. If I keep at it I could probably finish it in a couple of days. We shall see..........
In the same work bag, I found this rug. It is a one of a kind that I designed. I am planning on putting them both in the same setting. It is on 26 to the inch even weave fabric.
I designed this on my Pattern Maker for Cross
Stitch program. I love this program. It has every color of DMC programmed into it. You can set up a pallet before you start and add colors if you need them while you are designing. There is only one problem that I haven't been able to beat. I can't get the saved files for rugs to open anywhere but in the Pattern Maker. I would love to be able to upload a pattern or two to the blog. It won't let me do that for some reason.
I am resorting to this. Here's a small Persian rug pattern that I designed. I took a photo of it off of the screen. I hope that it is usable if anyone wants to make one.
You don't have to use the colors that I did. Make it up as you go along. Don't forget that you can poke the picture and make it larger.
I am going back to my quilt. I need peace and quiet after the trunk fiasco.
See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Casey, don't give up! I loved the little couch you did yesterday! I was curious to see what you where going to do with it! Personally, I think it belongs in a modern room~ Maybe a formal living room? It would match the dining room in Cora's house perfectly, if it was a little bigger! Hopefully, an idea comes to you!!!

Caseymini said...

Katie, I'm not giving up. I'm just putting the stuff aside for later use. I just didn't like the direction it was taking.