Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thrice Upon a Time......

Yes. I know it's a terrible way to say day three, but I like it.

For those of you that asked for a close up of baby girl dragon, here she is.

I didn't manage to get daddy's portrait in but I did get baby dragon's portrait on the shelf. It is a miniature of baby dragon coming out of her shell. She is sucking her thumb and holding tight to her rattle. She takes after momma, same wings, same iridescent scales.


On with the show. I braved the ladder again this morning to see if I could get a few more pics to show you.

This is the magic mirror and the wicked queen from Snow White. As you can see, she doesn't like what she is hearing at all! I think he is just telling her that she is having a really bad hair day.

The mirror and sconces are sculpted of Super Sculpey and painted. The sconces are lighted when I can get to the transformer in the back of the castle.

On this wall you can clearly see the chipboard texture. I left it that way on purpose. I liked the feel of it.

The wig on the stand is for her disguise when she goes out to sell poison apples.

Next we have Sleeping Beauty. The bed is hand carved(my own design) and upholstered in silk.

There are actually two closets on the right side of the room as you are looking at it. There is an ermine cloak in the one that you can see. There are a couple of nightgowns in the other one. After all, when you have been asleep for 20 years or so, you don't need a lot of clothes.

She fell asleep before she could get into the nightgown. She did manage to get her corset off......What's wrong with this picture? She takes off the corset and puts the dress back on? Well maybe that was an extra that she was planning on wearing the next day.

Last for today is The Princess and the Pea. This is the really smart princess of the group. None of that sleeping through all of the messing around with her bed. She stayed awake to see what the future mother in law was up to. Yes. I made the bed. The mattresses are each a different kind of silk and the comforter is all hand quilted in gold thread and gold tassels. You can bet that she is going to complain of a bad night's sleep in the morning! MIL was not too quiet about sticking peas under the mattress.

The trunk at the end of the bed opens and is fully lined. It is covered in very thin leather.

OK. That's about all until I find two men and a boy to get that thing down off of the top of the bookcase. Who knows? I may get the urge to climb again. Not right away tho. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

beyondbaffled said...

Your castle is wonderful!