Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

From Russia With Love


Since I am still working on flooring and painting I won't bore you with photos.

Instead I will amuse you with five minis that my daughter brought back from Russia on one of her trips.
These will never be put in a mini scene, even though they are perfect 1/12 scale.
They were made by a Russian artisan from scratch, by hand. They are all hand painted. They are each signed on the back, although I couldn't tell you what the man's name is. Each one is built like it's real counterpart. They are strung with the correct number of strings just like the real thing and would you believe they can all be plucked to make music? The little heart shaped wooden picks can be drawn across the strings to make music. No. They aren't tuned but they still make a tinkling sound when they are strummed.

When my daughter gave them to me, she made me promise never to take them out of their frames. I don't think I would have anyway, but she knows me well enough to think I might....
Be sure to poke the thumbnail so that you can see them up close and personal. They are truly beautiful.
This is my contribution for the day. Short and sweet. See you tomorrow.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

Was searching the blog with the word "guitar" but didn't found this post, so thank you for that link, Casey!
The instruments are really special, so fine hand made, a real treasure! I even guessed it from the distance that there wonderful :-)