Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Taking the Day Off......

I decided to start working on the bed for the Mystery House this morning. It is going slow. I decided on a Clairebell brass bed that I have been saving for a long time. I have had it for almost 20 years and never dressed it. I would say it's about time I used it. I have the bed skirt pleated. Until I get further along I'm afraid you will just have to look at something else.

This is a close up of one of my armoires. I think that I mentioned it in one of the other entries.This one was great fun to fill. I made the sheet sets simply by cutting and folding. I tied each set with silk ribbon to match and finished each one off with a silk rose.

If you want to try your hand at making some,just use light weight cotton and remember what Martha Stuart always tells us to do with real sheets and towels. There should be no edges showing......Always fold the material towards the center so that all you see is folds. Fold all of the side edges towards the center and then fold all of the ends of that long piece to the center. No edges showing.


The blankets are just folded material. The same folding technique was used on those. Thanks Martha!

The perfume bottles are beads with jewelry findings for lids.

The hat was a handwoven Mexican import in wild colors. I painted it and decorated it with silk roses.

Mr. Toad is behaving himself today. He got into the brandy snifter last night.....


The second one was a purchased armoire. I simply painted it black and attached a jewelry finding to fancy it up.


I covered the inside of the doors with lace.


The sheets in this one are the same as the other one. There's a secret to the sheets. At one time I was thinking of doing a bed and bath store. I made sheet sets until I was blue in the face. Then I decided I didn't want to do that. Thus I had filler for the armoires.

My daughter made the zebra striped bag. Yes. She actually does minis once in a while.

The beaded bags and the necklaces on the doors are made with #15 and smaller beads. The top one is flat circular peyote stitch and the bottom two are round peyote stitch.


The necklaces are done on fine wire and finished with a hook clasp. They can actually be worn by the fashionable 5" lady.


The wicker basket on the floor has all of the goodies for m'lady to have a fabulous spa treatment. The larger jars are really filled with bath salts.

The shoes are simple mules. One of these days I am going to have to do a tutorial on them. Very easy.





That's it for today. Back to the bed.

No comments: