Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Finished Outside.

I did it!!! I finished the outside of the Mystery House finally! I redid the shingles and did a bit of touch up on the trims. Here it is!


What I really wanted to show you is the front "lawn". I had this house on a poster art frame before. It was big and cumbersome to move. I took it off for working purposes and found that it was much easier to handle.



I still wanted the appearance of a front lawn. So I decided to make that part portable too. The two green lawn patches on either side of the steps are not attached.


I took some 1/4" foam core and cut it into the shape I wanted the lawn to be. I beveled the front edge of each piece. Then I painted them a dark forest green.


Before the paint even dried I smeared them with glue and added railroad greenery. Then I added some of the weed flowers that I showed you yesterday, a few rocks, a dog and a birdhouse.


I like the fact that all I have to do is pick up the pieces and move. No more worrying about the size of the poster art frame.


Here's a close up of one side. Incidentally, I didn't fasten down the birdhouse, dog or rocks.


I can change accessories in the yard anytime I feel the urge.



Now for a well deserved rest. I am going up on the porch, sit down in the wicker chair with my feet up on the rail and read a book. See you tomorrow.

No comments: