Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Confession Time

Good afternoon from the desk of an incurable pack rat. I am still trying to organize. I decided to show you why I am NOT making a lot of progress. This is extremely brave of me. I never let anyone in my workroom when it looks like this!


Remember the pretty photo of my closet that I showed you a couple of days ago? This is what it looks like right now. The room gets like this when I work on anything and finish without stopping.


It will, no doubt take me as long to straighten it out as it does to finish the project. That is the catch with miniatures. Those tiny things make one BIG mess!


I changed the configuration of the closet thinking that it would work better this way. NOT!!!

I am thinking of taking a month off and doing nothing but straightening.......That, however, wouldn't be very enjoyable for either me or you.

Note the monkey hanging from the chain of the ceiling fan. He jumped up there to stay clear of me running around the room in circles tearing my hair out. He is laughing at me.....I can clearly hear him. It's OK. I'll be fine soon or they will come and take me away in a little white coat with long, long sleeves that tie in the back.......



This is my main desk. I don't work on this one obviously. Everything gets carefully placed on here. See the carefully overturned container of toothpicks and the carefully placed skeleton that is having his broken leg repaired? He usually sits in the chair over by the pencil/brush container at the back. He turns the chair around and stares out the window a lot. He can't stand the mess either. There is a cat bed for Mookie at the left. He can get to it by climbing over the mess. So far I haven't started putting stuff in it........Notice I said "So far".


Last we see my actual work table/space. No. The stack of drawers doesn't belong there. I am in the midst of labeling and filling. The next label to make is Skeletons. Yup. I have a drawer of dead bodies. How many people can say that?

Despite the looks of the place, I can get in to clean. That's my knee at the bottom of the photo. I am making progress! I am actually sitting in the chair at this point. Hooray for me!

OK. Everybody out!!! I need to get back to business. The tour is over! See you tomorrow if I can find my way out and back to the computer. Wish me luck!







1 comment:

Caitlin said...

If you think about it, there are very few creative pursuits that don't mess a work space up. Crafts, scrapbooking, and even cooking create a mess. When you're in that creative flow, you just have to go with it; can't be stopping every hour or day to pick up. I went thru this with my African violets & getting ready for the show. There were leaves, dirt, pots & violets all scattered around for a week or so before; it spread out into 3 rooms!I live alone, so I didn't have anyone complainig, but I did let a friend in, which I shouldn't have done, because it really was pretty bad.
Besides, once you get your space cleaned up & tidied, aren't you going to jump right back into the fray again?