Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Colonial Move In

The Colonial Kitchen is finished. There may be a few additions as I see fit, but for the most part it's done.



Here's the left side. It is mid day and the lady of the house has found time to make an apple pie. It doesn't matter that I haven't put a dutch oven in yet. By the time she finishes the pie I will have finished the dutch oven.......


The baby is down for a nap. All is pretty quiet. She is very happy with the new kitchen. She has the latest in Jim Ison fireplace tools.


I made her a worktable. The same man that made the settee made the writer's chair in the corner.

When she turns around she is going to be sorry that she left the sausage and cheese on the cupboard after fixing herself some lunch. The cat is at it again!

This side is essentially the same as it was yesterday except for Tabby. Did everyone name their cats that until the 20th century?

Here's the whole room. I am very happy to have used most of the Colonial minis that I have saved in a drawer and here and there in boxes over the years.

I do still want to hang some herbs on the fireplace shelf or the pegs on the red shelf. I was going to dry some thyme from the back yard however, I am confined to the house today and tomorrow. The mad painters are at work on the outside of the house. One of my cats is sticking close to me at all times and the other one is cringing under the bed.

Now all I have to do is clean up after myself once again.....How does such a small room make such a big mess?

What's next on the list? Can you wait while I dig around and find the list? No? OK I will see you tomorrow. Maybe by then I will have decided.

No comments: