Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back to Reality



OK. Just for today I am not mini-ing in the true sense of the word. I am going to be playing with minis, but not working with them. I am going to be putting them away where they belong......



When I can't sit in my chair, I know it's time to start reorganizing things. As you can see, I can't sit in my chair.



So while I am cleaning out the mess you get to look at a room that I have never attempted to photograph before. It has a glass front that I can't easily remove. Unless a light goes out somewhere I probably never will.

This is one that I made from beginning to end. The room box outside to the little stuff inside are all my own design. There are a few things that I bought but mostly it is handmade.

I will start at the left and go across to describe. The first section is the dining area. It Is up two steps from the main level.

This is one of the few chandeliers that I have attempted. They are not my favorite thing to do.

I saw a photo of real chairs and table like this in Architectural Digest. I drew up plans and copied them. The tablecloth is a square of antique lace.

The French doors were copied from the same photo.

The champagne bucket is one of the things that I didn't make.

Next we go to the sunken living room area. It is two steps down from the main walkway.

Here you can see why I didn't attempt taking photos. Lots of reflections in the glass.

All of the curtains in this box were made the same way that I made the dust ruffle in the bed tutorial. I hemmed them and pleated them on ceiling tile.

In this room I didn't make the cat, the mirror or the sconces on the fireplace wall.

Last you get a tour of the rich lady's kitchen. How can you tell she is rich.....? Well first of all, she never does dishes. Notice the mirrored tile on the back splash of the sink. Would you want to clean those every time you washed dishes?

She would never think of eating at the kitchen table. Look up. She has a birdcage hanging directly over the table. Messy.....and not terribly practical. Good thing she has a housekeeper.

Last but not least, Notice all of the caterer's boxes on the floor. Especially notice the caterer's cat food box by the stove! Now that's a rich lady!

I am off to clean up the mess. Too bad I can't hire a housekeeper. My room resembles the bottom of a birdcage right now.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Its beyond gorgeous. So elegant and feminine. Wow, unebelievable. Your house is full of mini wonders.