Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, March 31, 2008

It's in the Bag!

I spent the morning glueing shingles on the Mystery House. I am not going to show you photos.

That would be too much like watching paint dry. Instead I am going to show you what's in the bag(s). I don't remember where I saw this idea first. It has been around for a long time.

The first one I did was for my husband for Valentine's day one year.

I started seeing bags that would be suitable for scenes every place I went. I still have a stock of bags to do when I want a fast project.







The second one is in 1/2" scale. The wicker in it is much later than the chair that I showed you yesterday...... It was done with # 30 waxed crochet cotton.

The other side of this bag has an English thatched cottage on it.
















The third one is a sewing room ala Mac Kinzie-Childs. They are famous for putting a whole room in an armoire. They sell a kitchen and a media center that are complete in a hand painted aromoire. They are very expensive in real life. I certainly can't afford them but I can copy in mini.















The last one is in a bag that I got in London. The shop was an oriental import shop in Covent Garden. I met a net friend that lives south of London and we went shopping. She knew where to go and we really had fun. I bought some mini things in that shop and this was the bag that they gave me. It is a great way to remember a vacation.

I later added the paper dragon. My daughter brought that back from a trip.

Maybe tomorrow I will have a completed roof to show you. Back to work now.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Casey! You say Im a bad influence but look what you've done! The English Cottage bag oh, its beautiful. All of them are but that particular bag has given me new ideas on my Sugarplum Cottage furniture. That wicker furniture is so cute in an English setting. Love it.

Katie said...

OK, I have to stop looking at your blogs. You are giving me WAY toooooo many ideas for my brain to handle. I LOVE THE BAGS. My favorite is the sewing bag, I am going to have to do one of those for my Mom! And a bag from London~ one of my favorite places!! How neat!!