Anyway, I have been working on it for the past couple of days. I am just dry fitting it at present to see how it looks. It will be one of the last things I glue in. Otherwise it will be in the way of working on the rest of the ground floor.
I did it with wood, spindles and various fabric braids and trims. The center pole is a thin dowel with alternating wooden step pieces and melon shaped beads. The spindles were then added to each step. Then a triangular piece was added under each step and a piece of rope cording was strung on the tops. After adding some more pieces of braids and trims, I painted the whole assembly antique white to match the rest of the woodwork.
The rug that you see behind the couch is one that I am making up as I go along. I needed a rug there to cover the holes that the former owner had cut in the floor and flooring for the wall slots. Shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone that I was too lazy to patch the holes!
All of the furniture and accessories are just placed to give an idea as to what will fit. This is not necessarily their new home yet.
The rug in the living room area is a Pamela Warner design from one of her books. I did it a while ago with this room in mind. It is done on # 24 congress cloth.
I made the couch and the tall cupboard with this house in mind. The wicker chair is one that I made a few years ago. I used to provide Pam Throop of "Historic Homes in Miniature" with wicker. I am sorry to say that she has since passed away. She was a good friend.
The afghan on the couch is one that I just finished a couple of days ago. The pattern was a full sized baby afghan pattern from the net. It was done with mercerized cotton sewing thread and a # 14 hook. The dog is just there to hold it down. It hasn't been blocked to drape over the furniture yet.
You can see clearly in this shot that the leading in the windows is white. I am thinking that I might cover it with golf leading tape to make the windows look more real.
OK. Enough stalling! Back to the grindstone.....