Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, November 21, 2014

While the Stain Dries...

This is one boring entry... This morning, I went to stain the wood for the half timbers and for some silly reason, decided that the 1/2" house needed a place to be, when I wasn't working on it.

It can't stay on the table in the middle of the room all of the time... Sometimes I need that table for other things. Like a place to pile things that need to be put away...
I realized that the center shelf of one of the bookcases would be ideal... But it was too short... Duh!  The shelves are after all, adjustable...

Half an hour and a load of books on the floor, I was ready to move it... Other than losing one of the pegs that hold the shelves up, it went pretty smoothly... I never did find the peg, but cutting off the handle of a paintbrush in just the right place did the job...

The way it sits now, I can slide it forward just a bit and the door comes right out.  I happened to have three books that are exactly the same size as the house.  I am not going to bother with a base for the time being.

I now have it sitting on the shelf and somehow got the books to fit around it.  I still need to straighten the shelf next to it... And the rest of the room. 

I do believe that Tessie and Zar have been in here again! Poor skeleton George is barely hanging on to his place and I am sure that I didn't do that to him.  I always treat him kindly.  He is just a little scary...

Anyway, I am very pleased with having a home for Tessie's 1/2" cottage... Yes.  I gave in.  She can have it if it will keep her out of my hair for a while. 

I know that the  day that I finish it, she will be wanting something new.  That's just how she operates.

Anyway, I am going to go watch the stain dry and do some more cleaning now.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Greatgrandma said...

You have made my day. Your shelf looks like mine.And the amount of houses needing the "blanket" treatment....thank you.

Gail